User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe
The way he had it worded originally would have been a lawyers dream with the EEOC. The first male that applied and didn't get hired would have been able to file suit and would have probably been successful.

I understand where the ladies are coming from but if the original statement had the genders reversed you would see how blatant the discrimination was.
You are correct there Scoe, I did have that worded in a bad way, a lawyer would have or will have a field day with that. Not too big to say when I am wrong.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

I gather that you are trying to say at this point, Celebrity Trucking is an equal opportunity employer. In every sense of the word.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern ontario
I gather that you are trying to say at this point, Celebrity Trucking is an equal opportunity employer. In every sense of the word.
If that is how you want to look at it Eastern Ontario, that is fine also, I don't have any problem with that. Thanks for you replies. :wink:

Keep them coming
Old 05-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern ontario
O forgive me, I don't know if you are a professional driver,,,,but I forgot to tell you to Drive Safe//Be Careful out there on the dangerous road. I am not being sarcastic or funny, I really mean that okay.

Take care
Old 05-01-2007, 04:27 AM
Board Regular

I agree with For4Roses and Eastern Ontario and a couple of others. I took no offense from your posting. I knew what you were saying. I don't think it's any different than when the men on the posts always say "you guys". Maybe some are just referring to men but I think the general readers of the posts know they mean the guys and the gals when they're asking for help and advice. I guess it was just a poor choice of wording on your part. Don't sweat it though. Drive safe everyone.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf_1
I agree with For4Roses and Eastern Ontario and a couple of others. I took no offense from your posting. I knew what you were saying. I don't think it's any different than when the men on the posts always say "you guys". Maybe some are just referring to men but I think the general readers of the posts know they mean the guys and the gals when they're asking for help and advice. I guess it was just a poor choice of wording on your part. Don't sweat it though. Drive safe everyone.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 AM

You can add this classic and the world, yes the world will be happy with Mr. CT- "woman and minorities encouraged to apply, We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. With this you are balancing our work crew and make sure to keep a count of where everyone in your organization fits.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Board Regular

I am a woman and I am a driver, I did not find the post offensive, but I do not expect different treatment because I am a woman, I would expect the same treatment from a company whether I were male or female, I would expect to be hired based on my qualifications for the the job.

Women are alway going to be a minority in this industry, there are never going to be as many female drivers as male drivers, ever, it is just a fact of life simply because the truck driving lifestyle does not appeal to most women, especially younger women who may want to have families.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcabbill
You can add this classic and the world, yes the world will be happy with Mr. CT- "woman and minorities encouraged to apply, We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. With this you are balancing our work crew and make sure to keep a count of where everyone in your organization fits.
Okay yellowcabbill, I know I am slow, so help me out on this one please :? What does "The world will be happy with Mr. CT?? Also what about "You can add this classic and the world" Well how about the whole post. I am sorry to ask, but explain the whole Post, that will help. It is so difficult sometime trying to communicate via computer vs face to face. Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
I am a woman and I am a driver, I did not find the post offensive, but I do not expect different treatment because I am a woman, I would expect the same treatment from a company whether I were male or female, I would expect to be hired based on my qualifications for the the job.

Women are alway going to be a minority in this industry, there are never going to be as many female drivers as male drivers, ever, it is just a fact of life simply because the truck driving lifestyle does not appeal to most women, especially younger women who may want to have families.
Thanks Shawnee.

Pretty much what I was trying to say. We are actively recruiting women drivers, but we expect them to do the job right just like a man would. Nothing more nothing less.