User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I always find myself swinging the wrong way to back into my driveway.

one night I went out with a friend. driving down a back road he points out the low bridge sign I completely stopped before I remembered we were in my GMC
Old 05-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Senior Board Member

I still grap for the center shifter to downshift when I approach a stop sign/red light. 2 months at a time in the K-Whopper will do that to ya though :lol:
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Does anyone have trouble driving their car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
I can't figure this out!
I come in off the road & get into my car...& I CAN'T seem to figure out how to drive it.
The jake brake doesn't work, the gears (6 speed manual) are too close together, I slow down WAY too fast, I turn corners WAY too wide, and I'm always looking out the right side mirror to see if I cleared the corner!
Am I nuts? Or do others have this problem too?? :lol: :lol:
Got any idea just how fast a car with an automatic can slow down when you double-clutch a 10-speed? The right side of the brake peddal is the brake, and the left side is the clutch, isn't it? Isn't that why they make it wide enough to put two feet on it at once????? :roll:

Old 05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Board Icon

All I know is, I'm so used to keeping the hammer down in the Big Truck, that when I get home, I can't seem to keep my car below 80mph on the way home!

And it feels like I'm sitting in a HOLE... looking UP at the road! :shock:

One of my instructors in CDL school TOLD us that, before he was through, he'd have us driving our POV's like Big Trucks! I didn't really believe him.... but, I guess he went through the SAME things! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
All I know is, I'm so used to keeping the hammer down in the Big Truck, that when I get home, I can't seem to keep my car below 80mph on the way home!

And it feels like I'm sitting in a HOLE... looking UP at the road! :shock:

One of my instructors in CDL school TOLD us that, before he was through, he'd have us driving our POV's like Big Trucks! I didn't really believe him.... but, I guess he went through the SAME things! :lol:
I don't have too much trouble with the speed thing, but I often feel like I'm driving way too fast in my car... I am actually AFRAID to drive in the city now UNLESS I am in my truck ops: ops:

My car is a Mitubishi Eclipse, so way LOW! :shock: Is a manual tranny, but keep looking for the jake brake... ops: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 05-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm guilty of it all....

I take two lanes to turn a Ford Focus because I need to make sure my "trailer" walks around the curb.

I either speed like crazy, or even worse, my foot has a 65mph governor on the gas because it feels too fast when I'm in my POV since the last company I was with turned our trucks down.

I drive my automatic like a stick, and am always looking for my jakes on hills. To satisfy my inner trucker, I have to kick the overdrive button so the tranny downshifts like a jake. :shock:

I back in EVERYWHERE. I even back into the wonky angled spots at Walmart...from the wrong side of the lane because it makes me back "sight side". I always turn my wheel the wrong way though because I don't have a trailer to compensate for.

Thankfully my parking brake is not on the floor in this car... or I'd surely mistake it for a clutch (did it all the time in my old pickup truck)

And the last one I can think of at the moment.... I never get into the truck restricted lanes on the interstate. If it states the trucks have to use the right two lanes, you'll never find my car in the hammer lane. I feel too exposed, and almost guilty for being there! Until my codriver mentioned she does the same thing, I never honestly realized it!