User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default we need your advise

Hello, My wife and I have been trucking as a team for the last 5 months. We are building a web-site (www.ourbigtruck.com). We want to put information on this site that will interest H/W Teams and women truckers. When we deceided to quit our jobs, go to school, and find a trucking company we could train with. We could not get very much information for us. This is why we are making this site. We are TRUCK DRIVERS not web site builders so this will take time. could you please tell us what you would like to see on this site what will help new H/W teams. We feel Classadrivers.com is a GREAT place for most information. please let us know if you feel there is a need.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Default re

I don't see much of a need. Most companies accept teams, and this site gives alot of information. sounds like a waste of time.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Good luck with the driving
Old 02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Default Re: re

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyazz
I don't see much of a need. Most companies accept teams, and this site gives alot of information. sounds like a waste of time.
You have got to be the most NEGATIVE person I have ever come across!
I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say...then DON'T say anything!!!

Anyway...my daughter is a web designer, if you want to pm me I will give you her email & you can contact her directly.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 02-25-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:
Here! Here! I totally agree. Leave the door to the outhouse shut!

wildkat! Way to go owner/operator for 27 years! My hat off to you! I will pm you when I get a chance. Take care!

Annie :wink:
Old 02-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joettanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:
Here! Here! I totally agree. Leave the door to the outhouse shut!

wildkat! Way to go owner/operator for 27 years! My hat off to you! I will pm you when I get a chance. Take care!

Annie :wink:
Why do you think he has this name...crankyazz.... :lol: :lol:
Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member

rickll .... please over look the negative comments you may read or receive from others. First and foremost remember that trucking is a completely different world from what you may of been use to. We have some awesome people driving and then we have those that want to blame the profession on their unhappiness in life. (those we over look .. their beyond help ... lol )

Now as for your site your wanting to get started ~ I think it's an awesome idea. I personally have met MANY wife/husband teams ... and one thing I've found to be common among many of them is - - living in very close quarters with no place to get away for an hour or so can really fuel a fight fast. Because the stress of dealing with 4-wheelers and wrong directions and etc.. Several people romance at first rolling down the road with their lover and having all kinds of fun and excitement. And it can be just that way - - - with alot of work. Both people have to want it to work, but sad as it is .... not every couple is able to survive living within hands reach of the other for long.

In you site you may want to consider a thread that will address -

How to make the bed more comfortable while the truck is rolling down
the hwy.

Find small ways to help make the tractor feel more like 'home' - since most people will be away from home several weeks before returning to what has been familiar for so long ... you must be at Peace while living in the truck.

Laughter is a Must in the truck ... people could share funny things that's happened to them on the road.

Spiritually is also a Must - each person is able to locate where their sister church may be in each state .... make a list with phone numbers. We can't forget that without some kind of 'connection' with our Higher Being ... whats the purpose of life. ... doesn't matter what religion they are ... it's important. ... Me ~ I had to find a place in a nice rest area and walk off into the woods or pasture and connect with my Spiritual Being.

Consider making it a Rule ... that if ANYONE wants to only bring negativity to Your site --- that they will be BANNED. No exceptions. ...

Life on the road is totally what we make it. For me ... it's a way of life I enjoy and it works good with Who I Am.

Yes this life does have alot of pit falls .... yes it can be depressing .... yes it is a hard way of life .... No it isn't all fun and games ... and this profession isn't forgiving ..... especially to those who think starting out they should lease a truck .... wrong thing to do !!

But go for it .... start your site and watch it grow.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Couldn't have said it better myself...always remember tho, some people are just NOT meant to run team. Case in point, my husband & myself :lol: We love each other dearly, work well together (at HOME), but do NOT under ANY circumstances put us in the same truck! Our driving styles are completely different! We irritate one another in SECONDS! So, he has his job & I have mine. It's lonely at times, our time together is short, but extremely precious, we make the most of every second we have (about 1 day/week), but we also want to STAY married!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"