User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Well The Count Down Is Almost Over

I go for my road test on thursday I am a little nervous but verry excited I cant wait I should do well I have done verry well on the road tests that the school has given to me and I have been told by former students that the schools road test is alot harder than the states and if that is true I should be fine I just half to stay away from curbs lol JK I dont hit curbs yet lol
Old 09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Board Regular

Good luck!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Rookie

So, you've finished the school training, and you're about to take the State test for that license with those letters - CDL.

The next phase of training is your advanced training with a company: scaling loads, logs, company paper work, etc.

Once you finish your Advanced Driver Training with a company, your REAL driver training begins. Driving Solo!

You will learn more in your first month solo than in all your time in school and advanced training. It will be a bit scary at first. But, with each successful pickup/delivery, your confidence will increase. After the first month, you will feel that you can take on the world.

One essential tool that will help you succeed, is that CB radio. It's your communications link to other drivers, wherever you are. If you get confused, lost, make a wrong turn, etc., other drivers are around to help. Invest in a CB. Cheap works just as well as expensive. Make it priority one on your "tool acquisition" list.

You will, without a doubt, encounter those unfortunate individuals who view themselves the equal on any anal orifice ever created. You will also encounter those fortunate individuals who realize that there is no one out there as willing to help a truck driver in need, as another truck driver.

Welcome to the club! Ignore the anal orifices masquerading as truck drivers. Welcome your encounters with *professional* drivers: professional in behavior and attitude, not just in the fact that they get paid to drive.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Rookie
Default WELL I DID IT

All that hard work and determination paid off in the end because yesterday morning I PASSED THE STATE ROAD TEST and god I dont mind telling you it was the best damn feeling in the world even after the state inspector told me I passed I couldnt stop shakeing for nothing I was shakeing so bad that my friend said I felt like a human vibrator LMAO!!!!!!!!!! and I didnt finally stop shakeing till about an hour after it was all done!!!!!!!!!!

A little advice to those still in school stay focused work hard and listen to your instructors some of them might just know what they are talking about and the hard work and dedication will pay off in the end someone once told me trucking isnt a job its a lifestyle and baby I cant wait to make it mine!!!!!!!!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE WAITING FOR THEIR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Rookie

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I passed mine three weeks ago, and I definately agree! The best feeling EVER!! And I'm on the same train, can't wait to make this lifestyle my own

Best of luck to you![/img]