User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
"Sgt_D"
One place I have found to get a parking spot for the night is by a truck dealer that has a 24 hour shop...the Freightliner dealer in north Ft. Worth has a couple of side streets where drivers can drop trailers while getting work done...Plenty of room there to sleep...another is if you know of an industrial area where you run, you can normally park on the street there, just pretend like you are gonna deliver there in the morning....
Park anywhere overnight off of I-35 from 121 to 820,and youll have everything but the paint stripped off by morning. :P

You couldnt pay me enough to park overnight in North Ft Worth.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:11 PM

Not off 35...I wont even stop at the truckstop on the north side of FW and I am from here...I have never had anyone bother me by Freightliner on 820...I never got bothered at the warehouse district in Arlington either(park by Sigma where trucks come and go all night)
Old 08-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Board Icon

Yeah. Drivers Truckstop on 35 is bad news. I think the Ft worth PD has a terminal there :P .
Old 08-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Rookie

After you've been out for a while get yourself a small 3 ring binder....start making a list of places you've parked where no one else has. I have several places I have found....made notes, you'd be surprise where you can park, sometimes you just have to ask.

Most truckstops are filled by 8 pm anymore, might try driving odd hours to catch a place in one of them.

BOL
Old 09-10-2006, 04:30 AM

Buy a Interstate exit book in t/s's they not only list exits and what is close to the exits ie restaurants, hotels, hospitals but all in RED are places trucks are allowed to park.

I have found several places that you would never think of parking. Some state parks, restaurants, hotels etc...anything in RED is fair game, and the food is usually much better and cheaper.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Board Regular

Parking is yet another benefit of driving for SWIFT. I can park just about anywhere trucks might be expected; Walmart, Costco, Lowe's, Home Depot, Safeway, Albertson's, etc . . and never get a second look. (Medians, ditches and riverbanks, too, now that I think about it . . :lol Who knows if I belong there or not? Stay out of the way, be courteous if confronted and move quickly when asked to.

I run Delorme Street Atlas and maptag all the little hideaways I discover. My latest is an alley behind Discount Tire, the one on Ralston, in Arvada, CO. There is an excellent Mexican restaurant in the plaza as a bonus.