User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default OK.... Now what??? looking for someone to team with

long and short of it... i have about 14 mths driving otr... but it was all prior to 2003, and since then i spent 2 yrs doing maint work and now i work for a welding co... as a driver yes... but its only a 22ft flatbed,and only about 300 miles a week in the northeast, ok dont know if that even counts? but if so then i have 26 mths driving.. ok reality is...its been awhile since i drove OTR, im not stupid!! i know i need a refresher, or someone willing to basicly retrain me, im looking for flatbed, team effort, i was running 32-3600 solo and do know thats not a problem, driving record is spotless... and at least the last 3 yrs employment history is solid with good referances,
i seem to remember that you CAN make money out there if your willing, i have no issues with staying out , actually no reason to come home would be more the issue hahaa..so relocation may be an option.
i would prefer to team with a female... i was trained by a female on flatbed in 2000-2001, and it was a good exp.i live in NH at the moment, class A, doubles/triples, tank,airbrake, but no hazmat, im 44, male, i do smoke, i also DO take showers!! fairly clean person who was raised to respect others and there property, looking to get this moving by may 1st, thats why im starting this now... maybe a long row to hoe... but ya gotta do what ya gotta do rrrright? any ideas, offers, would be welcome thanx
Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Rookie
Default Just thought I would throw this at ya

Hey there, I realize how much you might be struggling with this right now, so here's the deal. My name is Dorothy. Right now I own one truck, getting ready to buy some more. I have a job offer for you, but first we have to see if the company where the truck is leased to will qualify you.
So call my recruiting Department at 1-800-234-8768 option 5. Talk with Teddy or Twyla and run your info by them, if everything checks out give me a call at 618-833-5817. I will be having positions opening up soon for teams, and a co-drivers position that will be opening up with my husband. He's a good guy, and a smoker so you two should get along. It would be great to hear from ya, so if your still looking, so are we. Thanks, Dorothy
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Rookie
Default thanks...

Thank you for the reply.. i checked out tri-state, not sure of there rep, i know some company's get a bad rep because of drivers , either arnt willing to run, or put up with the BS that seems to be a part of the business, although I've been out of it for a few yrs, i was out there long enough to know if your willing to run, can put up with the bs that does come up, and your with a company that can keep you moving(and you show them your willing) your gonna do ok..i was out there long enough to know what to look for based on what im willing to do for the right co..like some other drivers im not looking for a hand out, just a career with a company willing to do as much for me as I'm willing to do for them..
anyway thanks for the reply.
1) don't have hazmat anymore (thank you Mr bush) although i shouldn't have a problem getting it back..
2) i have a 13 yr old felony conviction for bad checks
3) they need 24 mths OTR in the last 4 yrs...although i have 24 mths, driving 12 of it was prior to 7/2003 and the last 14mths ive been driving in 9 eastern states in a straight truck, not T/T so it doesn't count
ok .. I'm not bitching here.. just stating some facts.. my mvr is clean, no tickets,or accidents, and i know ill be running 4-6weeks at a time... that is NOT even an issue with me.
point being ... i believe in fate hahahha ill find a good co. and some company will get a damn good driver in return
thanks