User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Team Driver Wanted ASAP - At Least 6mos exp - $5,000 sig

I am 43 none smoker looking for OTR. I have been hauling boats up and down the east coast for privet owners and businesses. I just got my CDL AP and just dont have the time to go to school and make money!!! I have been hauling chicken from Douglas Ga to Miami FL with a friend in know to get some drive time in but I need to find some wone to team up with and make some money. NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1
Pay for 6m-1 year exp is $0.45 per mile.
Pay for 1 - 2 year exp is $0.46 per mile.
Penny raise for each additional year exp up to 6 - 7 yr / $0.51 per mile then negotiable with even more experience.

I am an owner operator looking for a team driver to drive with me. An excellent candidate is a current company driver IN GOOD STANDING (rehirable - no burned bridges) with his or her current motor carrier (safe, legal, professional, courteous, and prompt), but who is getting royally screwed on how much he or she is being paid per mile right now.

If you are in a minimum obligation contract with a motor carrier right now that if you break the obligation you have to repay your driver training, the $5,000 sign on bonus that I will pay you should more than cover the truck driving school tuition payments you will have to pay your existing motor carrier.

Will check your DAC, MVR, work history. Must have a solid work history (no motor carrier or other job hopping), good learning attitude (no matter how experienced you are now), non-smoker, male or female (strictly business), and you must want to make a lot of money...fast.

After a week or two (depending on how you perform) of an evaluation and fine tuning training period during which I will ride shotgun as a trainer while you do absolutely EVERYTHING having to do with cargo transportation (driving, paperwork, Qualcomm, scales, pretrip inspection, extremely limited maintenance, oil, fuel, etc, etc, etc.-- nothing you don't already know or can easily pick up), it is my intention to operate a consistent 8,000 mile per week team, 4,000 of those miles you will be paid for (yes, for 6 mos - 1 yr exp, 4,000 x $0.45 = $1,800.00 per week - not to mention the $5,000 sign on bonus paid out over a year).

Not only will running a consistent 8,000 miles per week be profitable but it will also be hard work. Realize this. I will expect you to be on duty, mostly but not exclusively driving, for a 12 hour shift then be off duty in the sleeper berth doing whatever you want to do for 12 hours while I am on duty. Free showers every day. Free access to clothes washing machines every few days.

Safety will trump the 8,000 miles per week. I want you always to be safe. Slow down in bad weather or heavy traffic. Never exceed the posted speed limit or a maximum speed that you think is safe for the driving conditions.

I can help you brush up on your backing skills initially after you start working with me during the evaluation period BUT YOU MUST EVENTUALLY CONFIDENTLY BACK UP IN ANY SITUATION (no waking me up during your shift to help you back except in an emergency situation).

5 days off after 26 days out. Special time off can be arranged.

PrePass, EZ-Pass, and I-Pass.

Where you live is not important as long as it is in the lower 48 states. If you live more than 100 miles from me, I will pay 1/2 of a round trip plane or bus ticket or 1/2 your personal car's round trip fuel expense to get you home once per month. I live in Dallas, Texas. This transportation time will bite into your 5 days off so consider that if you live in Bangor, Maine.

After you optionally purchase individual/family health insurance and/or fund a retirement program, and any other benefit you want that you currently have at your existing motor carrier, you are still coming out way ahead of your current company driver pay and benefits package by working with me. I do not subsidize any benefits.

If you want to, after at least three months of successfully teaming with me and if I am comfortable with you, I will consider purchasing a truck for you and putting you in it to run solo or team with someone else. That is something that we can talk about in detail after we are comfortable with each other.

PM me if you are interested.

Rob