User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Trucking company training schools

I have been given a grant by a Workforce agency here in Colorado. They will pay for all expenses in my becoming a truck drive. But there is one catch, that is they want a pre letter from a trucking company.
All of the companies I have contacted ) Swift, Werner, England,and others, tell me I must have at least three years of work history, which I do not have. I was forced to retire a while back due to family problems and have not worked for the last ten years. Now with the family problems ending, I am planing to return to work in the truck driving field.
So, here is my question.
Is there any trucking company who will accept proof of my government IC for the last ten years in lu of a work history?

IHS
Zoto1a

Jesus Christi is the Lord of ALL
Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoto1a View Post
I have been given a grant by a Workforce agency here in Colorado. They will pay for all expenses in my becoming a truck drive. But there is one catch, that is they want a pre letter from a trucking company.
All of the companies I have contacted ) Swift, Werner, England,and others, tell me I must have at least three years of work history, which I do not have. I was forced to retire a while back due to family problems and have not worked for the last ten years. Now with the family problems ending, I am planing to return to work in the truck driving field.
So, here is my question.
Is there any trucking company who will accept proof of my government IC for the last ten years in lu of a work history?

IHS
Zoto1a

Jesus Christi is the Lord of ALL
I'm not questioning you Zoto, please don't take it that way but Werner, CRE, and Swift all telling you you need 3 years work history and you've retired sounds really unusual.

1. I'd call those companies back, try to get a different recruiter, ask lots of questions, and if you still don't like their answers maybe escalate it to a supv.
2. Try some other companies, being in CO, you have a lot to choose from. Try: May Trucking, Interstate Distributors, Martin Transport, US Express, and if you want flatbed - Melton, TMC, or Maverick
3. Check with Workforce and see if they have a list of companies they work with.

Good luck, hope this helps.