User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Canadian Driving Schools Re: Earning Your Wheels Program

Stay away from Mounta_n Tr_nsport Instit_te

They promote their Earning Your Wheels program by stating that after completion you will Train with Trimac and get paid top pay right from the beginning after 4 weeks of on the job training.

Their course is the most expensive around and what you end up with is not qualifying for the Trimac offer and paying about $10,000 more than if you took your training with another less expensive school.

They will always find a reason for you not qualifying. Mine was that I didn't complete all of the skill tests within the first 8 weeks. When I asked them which ones I didn't complete it turned out that they hadn't even given me the test and it was only one test only and the simplest one at that. They said that it was my responsibility to make sure they give me allthe tests. Another test they said I hadn't completed I had but the instructor forgot to record it. Their excuse was simply that their hands were tied because the course was regulated by the CTHRC.

Up until the week before the road test I had passed all of my skill tests, that were given to me on my first attempt. When registering for the program they ask me how I will be paying for it and naturally I opted for the Trimac sponsorship which is supposed to pay for about half the cost. One week before the road test they inform me that Trimac will not be sponsoring me and that if I want to take the scheduled road test I must pay the balance owing otherwise no road test.

Save your money and avoid this scam company. The owner has one of the most condescending attitudes I have ever seen.

I ended up getting a job without their help at all. I am working for a company I had previously worked for years ago and just lucked out because they had just bought a truck and am now being paid by the HOUR.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Rookie
Default BIG THANK YOU

Good that you posted this. I checked out the Rocky Mountain School a few years back and, even though it's small, the owner can't be bothered with you. Canada truck driver training is a giant rip-off, twice as expensive as the U.S., and fewer job opportunities. Well, since Canadians have LITERALLY paid twice as much for gasoline for many years now (they're too dumb to figure litres to gallons and dollar exchange rates) - anybody can pull the wool over their eyes. That's why they're willing to stay in Afghanistan, while the Americans want out.