User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You still have to travel interstate to work 9 months of the year. The chances of working near your home is slim , but you might get lucky . Running equipment is easy , just tell them you can run anything .
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Board Member

you dont need no Heavy Equipment Operator school. I work for a Excavating company. They will train you on how to run the equipment good enought to get it on and off the trailer. Im telling you save your money. Just my 2cents. I told the boss man i wanted to learn how to operate and here and there he lets me run the equipment to get some seat time. I am kidda getting good now. So the better i get the more he puts me on it. 3 weeks ago a ran a pan and a d-8 dozer all day.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-26-2008, 03:22 AM

It would be interesting to learn how to drive an excavator or a bulldozer or grader.. I remember I used to watch them work when I was a kid, and I was always mystified by them. Going to school to learn how to work those equipment is a whole other thing