User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default SEC driving school, Jackson, Miss.

I may have posted in the wrong forum earlier, so sorry mods.

I was wondering if anyone knew any info on this SEC driving school in Jackson, Mississippi. They feed Swift and KLLM. I don't want to work for either of those companies, but the lady I spoke with said that they would help me find a job, probably with U.S. Xpress -- the company I drove for back in 1998.

SEC offers a "refresher" course for idiots like me who left truck driving to go to college, but still have a class A. It costs $1,500 and is only 13 days long. U.S. Xpress told me I have to have 160 hours from an accredited school. I know schools fudge the hours, but who the heck should you believe?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with SEC driving school, could tell me any pitfalls to look out for or other red flags. Is SEC accredited? Do their trained drivers get good jobs with good companies??

thanks in advance!!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Rookie

Is this actually DSC?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaik165
Is this actually DSC?
I don't know what DSC is. The link to the SEC school near Jackson, MS is copied and pasted below. These guys want $1,500 for a 13-day refresher course, and then they say I'll be able to get an OTR job with a good company, and they'll help in the job hunt process.

I just want to make sure I'm not getting into anything I'll regret. It seems awfully easy, and the lady on the phone said they want cash. That's kind of got me suspicious. If I were to agree to drive for Swift or KLLM, they'd pay my training fees. So that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

http://sectrainingcenters.com/school.html