User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sage Driving school SLC

Sorry for peppering this site with questions but i guess that's what its for. I'm thinking of going with Sage trucking school in Salt Lake. For the plane sake of one on one behind the wheel training. Has any one attended the school and have any thing good or bad to say about it ? ? THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:57 PM

Sage is ok ... i think all schools just get you started, and licensed your real schooling is out on the road. When we took our CDL test, my wife had a hard time backing, and the sage instructor really helped her through the course. (when we went through the sage school we took the test at school). for us Sage was a good thing, but for our son ... hopefully he will go to SWIFT. PS we love driving truck and love the money even more ... your first year will kinda suck but after that trucking is a great job.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Rookie

This boils down to just a few things and is pretty simple.

First of all, do your research and find the company that you want to go to work for at first. DO THAT FIRST!!!!!!!! Then apply to that company and make sure they will hire you. MAKE SURE YOU ARE HIREABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Then if that company has a training program, jump on it and get the no/low money down and go to work for them. Do your time and work it off. (Schneider, Werner...etc...)

If your first choice will hire you, but yet doesn't offer training, then ask them if they accept Sage as an accredited school and will hire you from there once you graduate. If yes, then attend Sage. You will not have any regrets.

I just graduated from Sage here in Muncie Indiana this past Friday. It is a great school, worth every penny. I won't go into cheesy boring details, cause each school is going to be a little different due to the staff and their equipment... But you'll be hard pressed to find a bad thing said about Sage from any of its grad who did the research beforehand and didn't jump into anything blind.

Don't get much more basic than that.............Do the math......

I hope that didn't come off as too harsh, I mean that from one newb to another. I did the homework and basically that is what it comes down to. Each school is going to be a little differnt. Bottom line is, find the cheapest most practical way to get your cdl and get hired by your first choice of company.

Company first, then the cheapest route to get your cdl and be employable by that company and accepted from whatever route you go...... If a contract over your head is a concern, avoid the company training. Pay your own way. Most of these newb companies will pay towards your tuition at around 100 per month, many will accept being your second company and keep paying off your loan. Consider the cdl-school tuition/reimbursement a bonus, but don't dwell on it.

BOL..........
Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member

I know the Sage School in San Antonio is highly rated. Do not know anything about SLC, but if they follow a standard format, as for a private school they should be top notch.

Read Highseas - Highways by Devildice - he detailed his experience with Sage in San Antonio.
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 AM

[quote="Hoosier"]This boils down to just a few things and is pretty simple.

First of all, do your research and find the company that you want to go to work for at first. DO THAT FIRST!!!!!!!! Then apply to that company and make sure they will hire you. MAKE SURE YOU ARE HIREABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Then if that company has a training program, jump on it and get the no/low money down and go to work for them. Do your time and work it off. (Schneider, Werner...etc...)

If your first choice will hire you, but yet doesn't offer training, then ask them if they accept Sage as an accredited school and will hire you from there once you graduate. If yes, then attend Sage. You will not have any regrets.

I just graduated from Sage here in Muncie Indiana this past Friday. It is a great school, worth every penny. I won't go into cheesy boring details, cause each school is going to be a little different due to the staff and their equipment... But you'll be hard pressed to find a bad thing said about Sage from any of its grad who did the research beforehand and didn't jump into anything blind.

Don't get much more basic than that.............Do the math......

I hope that didn't come off as too harsh, I mean that from one newb to another. I did the homework and basically that is what it comes down to. Each school is going to be a little differnt. Bottom line is, find the cheapest most practical way to get your cdl and get hired by your first choice of company.

Company first, then the cheapest route to get your cdl and be employable by that company and accepted from whatever route you go...... If a contract over your head is a concern, avoid the company training. Pay your own way. Most of these newb companies will pay towards your tuition at around 100 per month, many will accept being your second company and keep paying off your loan. Consider the cdl-school tuition/reimbursement a bonus, but don't dwell on it.

BOL..........[/quote

Not harsh at all , makes a lot of since. Thanks Hoosier
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Rookie
Default sage - slc not ptdi certified

Be careful when choosing a Sage school. AFAIK, the Sage in SLC is NOT PTDI certified. If you go to a Sage , you WANT that PTDI accreditation on your diploma!!