LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Unbelievable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcedlr
I cannot believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Equating misdemeanor convictions to a sex offender. Some of you people need to take a long look at your own life. The only difference between you and I is that you were never caught. I have not had as much as a parking ticket since 1990. Who else can say that? Not many! Maybe the board is full of MADD women? Angry people with nothing better to do than put others down to make themselves feel better.

People change, and if they are not given a chance after proving for many years that they are not the same person they used to be, the world would be a very, very, sad place.
Yet one more criminal who doesn't take responsibilty for their actions. This is why companies won't hire people with 3 DUI's. If you didn't learn your lesson after the first 2, then that shows something about your character and judgement.

Oh yeah, I've NEVER driven while under the influence. So I don't have to be "caught." So not everyone is like you. Makes me wonder if you've really changed or you just haven't been "caught" lately. :roll:

Old 08-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I cannot believe the attitudes of some people on this board. Equating misdemeanor convictions to a sex offender. Some of you people need to take a long look at your own life. The only difference between you and I is that you were never caught. I have not had as much as a parking ticket since 1990. Who else can say that? Not many! Maybe the board is full of MADD women? Angry people with nothing better to do than put others down to make themselves feel better.

People change, and if they are not given a chance after proving for many years that they are not the same person they used to be, the world would be a very, very, sad place.
no, the difference is I'm not stupid enough to drive drunk once, let alone 3 times. you were caught 3 times!! that proves that you dont learn... just because you are irresponsible and dont care about innocent lives, you assume everyone else is that way. Let me ask you this.. if a 3 time sex offender had behaved for the last 20 years and not bothered anybody, would you hire him or her to watch your kids? .
you should be thanking God everyday that you are not in prison for killing someone.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

No, there really ARE some perfect people walking amongst us...just ask'em :lol: :lol:

I had a DUI while a CDL holder (off duty in POV) in 1991.

A second in 1995.

Last fall I went back thru a driving school...got my CDL again, and am now back where I belong.

I didn't think I would ever drive again either, in fact even putting the idea out of my mind for over 14 years...but hanging a billboard one day at a truck stop and smelling that diesel and feeling that vibration from all those trucks idling was more than I could stand...so I pursued it.

Oh, and by the way...TA Extreme coffee with 1 extra scoop is about the strongest thing I drink these days (even if it's NOT any of your business)...off duty or on.

It CAN be done...but you DAMN sure better have your s&%t and your head together

:!:
Old 08-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:

I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to tell if an addict is telling the truth or lying.
I just recently had a friend who I tried to support after he got out of jail for getting busted for drugs and I opened my house to this man so he had a place to stay and the first day he was out my son caught him smoking crack outside in our driveway. I kicked his a$$ to the curb just like I would have kicked you after your second DUI, fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me. You expect the companies and us to forgive you when you did it three times. Yeah and I bet you swore up and down after the second one you would never do it again?
I bet you did didn't you?
Old 08-13-2007, 02:36 PM

You know there really are a lot of us who has made mistakes in our lifes who have changed. Has any one our there not made the same mistake more than once? Speeding tickets? Bumping the dock harder than you like? The problem is some of use take longer to learn the lesson. The problem also is that society is slow to forgive.

Some crime like sex crimes and arson crimes, these are sometimes mental issues that can't be solved. Diseases. Now I don't subscribe to the AA model of drinking as a disease but I have watched many friends and family go through this awful cycle. Once they realized that they were on a destructive path, they got themselves clean.

Don't be so quick to judge. The fact they someone got burned by a friend doesn't mean every one you meet will burn you. I have friends i have met while in prison who i would trust with my life. But they have earned that trust. Not just by being a friend but showing me that are really about change.

Having a felony conviction myself i have had a very hard time finding jobs. I have held quite a few since i came home 13 years ago. (the conviction was 21 years ago). Each job i got i got because someone took a chance on me and i proved myself worthy. I have held jobs as a teacher at a prominent business school, at IBM and finally at a large hospital where i am a Assistant supervisor. Now i am interested in getting into the trucking industry. Again, I am looking to prove myself. And again, I will show and prove my worth, given the chance.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:40 PM

You know there really are a lot of us who have made mistakes in our lives who have changed. Has any one out there not made the same mistake more than once? Speeding tickets? Bumping the dock harder than you like? The problem is some of us take longer to learn the lesson. The problem also is that society is slow to forgive.

Some crime like sex crimes and arson crimes, these are sometimes mental issues that can't be solved. Diseases. Now I don't subscribe to the AA model of drinking as a disease but I have watched many friends and family go through this awful cycle. Once they realized that they were on a destructive path, they got themselves clean.

Don't be so quick to judge. The fact they someone got burned by a friend doesn't mean every one you meet will burn you. I have friends i have met while in prison who i would trust with my life. But they have earned that trust. Not just by being a friend but showing me that are really about change.

Having a felony conviction myself i have had a very hard time finding jobs. I have held quite a few since i came home 13 years ago. (the conviction was 21 years ago). Each job i got i got because someone took a chance on me and i proved myself worthy. I have held jobs as a teacher at a prominent business school, at IBM and finally at a large hospital where i am a Assistant supervisor. Now i am interested in getting into the trucking industry. Again, I am looking to prove myself. And again, I will show and prove my worth, given the chance.