User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default trans-tech

Has anyone attended trans-tech driving school in charlotte nc? I'm thinking of going there and was wondering if anyone had any feedback good or bad. Thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Rookie
Default Trans-Tech

My son went to the Trans-Tech in Conover (50 miles NW of Charlotte). Very good school, new class starts every Monday, limited to 4 students per class. Very student-oriented.

I think tuition at the time was around $2,500 if you pay cash or credit card, a little higher if they finance it. They are connected to and approved by a lot of major carriers. Pretty good deal with others on this forum talking about $5,000 schools.

They also offer a 10 week class that meets on weekends only, if you need to work M-F to maintain your income and get your CDL on the side. Good luck.
How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, as little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man. (Proverbs 6:9-11)
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Rookie
Default Beware Trans-Tech of Charlotte or Conover, NC

Whatever you do, DO NOT attend Trans Tech of Charlotte or Conver, NC. I went there and they ruined my career before it began. They guarantee job placement straight out of school and boast a 100% placement success rating which is why I chose them. I went through their coarses, passed with flying colors and expected to go straight to work. After being turned down by several companies I had pre-applied to, I found out that a traffic ticket that was still on my driving record was the cause of the problem and due to an industry-wide hiring standard I'd be un-hirable for at least 2 more years. Because I had been worried the ticket would impact my hireability prior to enrolling in Trans Tech I had paid them extra to pre-screen my background and was assured the ticket would not be an issue. I then politely confronted the owner who told me he'd look into the issue and get back to me ASAP. Shortly after this conversation took place I recieved a letter from the DOT stating that my license had been revoked for failure to submit to a random drug-screen that had been issued by Trans Tech. The fact is that I was never even informed of a drug screen and the whole thing was a sham by Trans Tech to get out of their placement guarantee and keep their BS 100% placement rate. I contacted a lawyer but it turns out there is no way to dispute or contest a claim by a school or employer if they claim a student or driver refused to submit to a drug-screen. Trans Tech knew this before I even enrolled when they ran the pre-screen that I requested. They knew because this wasn't the first time they've screwed someone out of their money and I'm sure it wont be the last. BEWARE!!!!

Btw, If you read any overly-positive reviews about a place like Trans-Tech (like the one above) that compare prices, give general directions, knows specific class schedules despite the claim that they're a 3rd party, etc, etc.....you can be fairly sure it was written by someone that has a vested financial intrest and is taking advantage of a free-advertisment oppurtunity such as this forum. Don't buy it. If they have to toot their own horn, there's a problem.

Last edited by jaf1978; 08-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.