User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default thanks men

so how long since you attended the school and what company do you work for now? i will be starting school on monday pre hired by CFI but their start pay is low .26c per mile well just did the pre-hire if i find anything better while in school off i go for it.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Rookie

I went to the school last year, just finished my year with PAM. PAM's start pay was low as well, $0.28 cpm. I'll go ahead and tell you PAM's pay structure. You start out at $0.28 cpm and then every 3 months for the first year you get a 1 cent raise. After a year your at $0.32 cpm. They do take out $25 a week at first and put it into an Escrow Account, but stop taking it out at $400 (16 weeks) That just covers them in the event that you abandon their truck and they have to recover it. During your first year they also take out $45 a week to cover the cost of the school. At the end of the year you get a check back for any money over what you owed. In my case, my refund check was $657. After being with them a year, I'm on a dedicated account, run an average of 2921 miles per week and take home $800 a week. You can go to www.pamt.com to learn more. They work with Drivers Solutions, so if they are hiring in your area, you can work for them. Talk to CFI and compare them. Everybody has their own unique experiences with different companies. I found that PAM worked well with me and worked out issues I was having at home so that I didn't have to quit early on. I will continue to work for them as long as my hometime is there and the money is there. Well, I got to deliver this load in the morning down the street from my house and then I'm off a week. I'll check the board tomorrow and see if you have anything else you would like to know.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Rookie

thanks men i will kep you updated one other thing how long did you go out with a trainer before assigned your own truck or before you go solo. also accommodation how did you go about it while at new port, i called the apartment student rent or stay for a week they told me there will be two student to a room and 4 to an apartment of 2 bedroom. is that not too much of an occupant in a two bedroom apartment.?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Rookie

I was with a trainer 4 weeks before assigned with a truck of my own. The bedrooms have two beds in them a piece. Trust me you'll be worn out and won't even care. You'll be in school from 6 am til 4 pm during the week unless you go night driving and then you'll be there from 6 am till 10 pm. Good luck
Old 07-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Rookie

hey men i guess i just made a friend. thanks for responding always. well update got to Newport today came in late so i just went and check into a motel it's nothing to write home about but will hand in there for the next three week. will go in for the paper work to enroll in school by tomorrow. will keep you update.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Rookie

Keep us posted, I should be there soon, Runner123.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Rookie
Default SECOND WEEK IN SCHOOL

HI GUYS TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK ON SCHOOL DEMANDING SO MUCH. WELL WILL HANG IN THERE FOR NOW. BUT DOING GOOD FIRST DAY, FIRST WEEK HAD PROBLEM WITH STRIGHT LINE BACKING. TOOK ME TWO DAY ON THE THIRD DAY DID IT GOOD BUT NOT PERFECT.
WORKING ON RIGHT HAND TURNING AND THE DOCKING AT 45 DEGREE DOCK. JUST GOT IT TODAT AFTER THREE DAYS OF WORKING ON IT. WILL BE GOING ON ROAD TRIP TOMORROW. HEY DO ANY ONE KNOW THE BEST WAY IN DOING PRE-TRIP INSPECTION. HELP IF YOU DO APPRECIATE IT HELP YOU ALL AND THE COURAGE FROM EVERY ON.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Rookie
Default DRIVERS SOLUTION

AM IN SCHOOL PRESENTLY WITH SOME DRIVERS SOLUTION TRAINEE, AT ACDTI (ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY, NEWPORT) WHERE THEY SEND STUDENT TO FOR TRAINING. THEY RECRUIT FOR PAM, MARVICKS, USA, AND ONE OTHER COMPANY LIKE THAT. IF YOU INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ANY OF THIS COMPANY THEN YOU CAN TRYU THEM BUT OTHER THAN THAT THEY MAY NOT BE OF HELP