User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployeddriver
I want to know how the company is. Is the company good for student grads from other schools...I turn them down in september, they were only a few companies that were going to give me a opprtunity..and I turned them down.Now I'm still unemployed... One Big reason was that the oreintation was a week long and during that time your not being paid..
You won't qualify at CRE with your record.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:33 AM

I did orientation at the facility in Texas. It was great, the people were great. After my first three weeks training I went to the facililty in Burns Harbor, IN for upgrade and was treated like dirt. mainly because, I believe, I came from another school. The guy who did the driving test was a complete jerk who thought he was God himself. Knowing he has your future in his hands at that moment, he milks it for all its worth. Only met two nice persons at that facilty.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Rookie

I went thru thier program in the summer of 2003 .
For most part it was decent. Yes very fast paced. My class of 40, 15 dropped or got kicked out.
Fighting, or drinking on co. property. Me i was lucky, lived in slc so i didn't have to stay in their 'wonderful' dorm rooos. I got to go home after class each evening.
The range instructors all had an attitude. but i would just take that and throw it back in their face. One instructor got canned for saying something about a student's wife.

I like the fact they have thier own backing pad, and let you bobtail around the yard , for practice.

The day we drove up in the mtns., i ACED going up and down Parleys. Drove that hile every day for 15 years, communting to Park City.
Some of the students were scared *hitless,, due to how steep it is.

My otr trainer at the time had 7 years as a trainer. The great thing about my trainer, he was based out of slc, and was on a dedidecated Conway account at the time. The schdule allowed us to be home out of the truck one full day aweek.
Solo upgrade class, i and one other person were awarded best in class.
How i got that i have no clue to this day. But i won't complain.

I did hate having to sit there and listen to thier speech about becoming your own 'boss' AKA the lease. Most times i had my head stuck in the drivers manual.

Stayed with them a full year until my loan was paid off.

If anyone is considering them to learn to get you cdl, do it. but if your rich, stay in a extended stay hotel, so you can get good sleep,. and not have to worry about your stuff getting stolen, but your room mates.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Rookie
Default Old / New Driver

I am Looking to get back to driving tractor trailers, Local or long distance. I have three years experience over the road. I stop driving when I got married, started a new business and said I would fall back on driving in the future. Well now is the future almost twenty years later. Well along the way I got out of control, got my license suspended, got a couple of possession charges and had a couple of accidents. Well that was the young me, I grew up changed and got my life on the right track. Worked hared to maintain a disciplined life got my license (CDL) cleared and keeping my nose clean. I am looking for a company or individual to give me a chance to to move on in life leave the past behind and look forward to retirement. If you know of such a company or individual that can help me I would forever be in your debt. I am looking for a refresher course that also offers a carrier in driving.