User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

As for the school teachers that responded negative i'd like to give a big thank's to you all for being my insperation you enspire me to reach my goal.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Rookie
Default Re: I WANT TO DRIVE TRUCKS I NEED HELP PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2drive
IM 30 YEARS OF AGE AND ABOUT 7 MONTHS AGO I GOT A MISTERMINOR MARIJUNA CHARGE I HAVE NO TICKETS ON MY LICENSE I NEED HELP ON A SCHOOL WHO WOULD HELP TRAIN AND WOULD WORK WITH ME PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SCHOOL THAT MITE CONSIDER ME IM IN THE FAYETTEVILLE NC.
I would suggest quitting weed, or any other drugs you might do from time to time and if you are able to stay off everything for at least 60 days then you should make a self assessment of your willingness to live without the crutch of drugs. If you decide at that point that you want to stay clean and start a new career then you can approach your local unemployment office or look them up online and research their "Workforce Investment Act", WIA.

Through the WIA you'll find a list of job training programs that you may qualify for that the WIA will fully fund up to a certain amount of dollars preset by the Department of Labor in your state. Unfortunately, with the MISTERMINOR marijuana charge you have, you'll most likely have to research another industry other than truck driving since most companies will not even consider you a qualified candidate for employment with a drug charge. MISTERMINORS are OK, but not DRUG MISTERMINORS.

You may be able to get training in carpentry, culinary, property maintenance, or something more forgiving of your charges. It all depends on your state and available programs. Check this website, which is the local Joblink Career Center for your community.
http://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/wia/index.html#choices

Good luck and remember that truck drivers must handle massive road trucks that can cause major destruction and result in death. For this reason most companies just can't take a chance on someone with your charges so think about it and maybe you can find something better for you.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Rookie
Default All things are possible its a passion

I can never just give on something i always wanted to do in life its felons behind the wheels of some trucks do you think they say to them selves i did wrong and i dont deserve another chance and just jump out there truck and walk away never as long as companies have a heart and uderstand that in life any things possible because thats what i strongly believe besides i was raise to set goals and go after them yes i made a mistake thats because im not perfect i've been cleen for almost 3 years now and im going to attend school soon see one thing no one can keep me from getting and thats my class A's and once im done i will do what i always wanted because iwant2drive see to me its not just a carier its a passion to feel the road.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Before you spend the money on school you might want to start calling companies to find it if anyone will hire you. There have been many people ( even on this board) who found out AFTER they got their CDL A that no one will hire them because of the insurance companies won't cover them due to prior drug use. Just sayin'

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: All things are possible its a passion

Now I call BS!

Quote:
I can never just give on something i always wanted to do in life its felons behind the wheels of some trucks do you think they say to them selves i did wrong and i dont deserve another chance and just jump out there truck and walk away never as long as companies have a heart and uderstand that in life any things possible because thats what i strongly believe besides i was raise to set goals and go after them yes i made a mistake thats because im not perfect i've been cleen for almost 3 years now and im going to attend school soon see one thing no one can keep me from getting and thats my class A's and once im done i will do what i always wanted because iwant2drive see to me its not just a carier its a passion to feel the road.

I HAVE NO TICKETS ON MY LICENSE I NEED HELP ON A SCHOOL WHIM 30 YEARS OF AGE AND ABOUT 7 MONTHS AGO I GOT A MISTERMINOR MARIJUNA CHARGEO WOULD HELP TRAIN AND WOULD WORK WITH ME PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SCHOOL THAT MITE CONSIDER ME IM IN THE FAYETTEVILLE NC.

BS from the get-go! :evil:
[/quote]
Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Rookie
Default idiots!! read here

the circumstances that happen to me 3 years a ago BUDDY!!!! i was at the wrong place and time and was no were near operating a vehicle at that time this the new!! me you guy's take what you want out what i say and twist things up and run with it run with this im sure your trucks broke down along time ago idiots!!!! p.s. call me jake brake!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Rookie
Default Re: All things are possible its a passion

Quote:
OK, so after reading this post I went back and noticed that your original post was back in May 2007. This would obviously mean that your seven month old MISTERMINOR marijuana charge is older than that now.

Here's some of the problem man, you say that you've been clean for almost 3 years and your charge is less than two years ago if you're being honest with all of us. It sounds like a bunch of BS and companies, especially their insurance will not allow someone with drug charges to BS their way into a seat. If you are lucky enough to find a company to fall for the stories then chances are it will be the same kind of company that we all have to watch out for on the road.

Someone said you need to know how to read and write english, I might suggest some math classes as well. These are things that will help you in whatever you decide to do. Good luck.

You can fool yourself into thinking you have a shot with a company because someone will have a heart and let you drive but the insurance companies have to insure you and with a drug charge you are a serious liability. Look the other way if you want but just understand when they are turning you down it's not personal reasons, but legal reasons they won't hire you.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Rookie

I would to to ask can you please have positive's and not so much negativity i think some people lifes not treating them rite and they express that in there comments
Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

I guess smoking pot also effects your time lapse judgment too. :lol:

If your going to tell lies at least keep notes so you can keep your story straight, even if your not.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Rookie
Default Re: idiots!! read here

Quote:
the circumstances that happen to me 3 years a ago BUDDY!!!! i was at the wrong place and time and was no were near operating a vehicle at that time this the new!! me you guy's take what you want out what i say and twist things up and run with it run with this im sure your trucks broke down along time ago idiots!!!! p.s. call me jake brake!!!!
Quote:
I would to to ask can you please have positive's and not so much negativity i think some people lifes not treating them rite and they express that in there comments
Hey, fake jake...How are you going to write comments calling guys idiots!!! and then write a post asking people to please be positive and not negative. It looks like you've been trying to get a CDL job forever now and you just dont see the light man.