User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sage Truck Driving School

Anyone in Indiana attended SAGE TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL? I like the fact, according to their website, that you are one-on-one with an instructor when your are out in the truck and not having to share any driving time with 2 or 3 other students.

[/b]
Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Rookie
Default GO 4 it

From what ive heard they are one of the best trucking schools out there.Maybe even better than Central Tech in Oklahoma.That would be my pick if they had a local campus.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Rookie

It looked pretty good to me too. There are three different locations in the state and on Indiana Vocational Technical College campuses. I might give them a call, I am currently working for one of the "Big 3" automakers, but with all the downsizing going on in the industry, I am trying to plan ahead in the event I lose my job. I might give them a call and see if my tuition assistance program I have through work will pay for most of the cost.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Rookie
Default Sage-Not Perfect, but Maybe As Good As It Gets!

My driving partner and I each attended the program at different locations but believe it was the best program that we knew of available to people with zero knowledge of the industry. Two years later, we admit that Sage and the anal retentive instructors had our driving future in mind at all time. Good luck, maybe wait to hear from more well seasoned drivers before forking over the four to five thousand dollars.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Sage-Not Perfect, but Maybe As Good As It Gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph
My driving partner and I each attended the program at different locations but believe it was the best program that we knew of available to people with zero knowledge of the industry. Two years later, we admit that Sage and the anal retentive instructors had our driving future in mind at all time. Good luck, maybe wait to hear from more well seasoned drivers before forking over the four to five thousand dollars.
After investigating a few schools and driving to look at two of them, one which I wouldn't even go in (related to Driving Solutions), I am considering the Sage school in Grand Junction CO. I plan to drive up there and take a look before I make my final decision. I believe starting out in this industry it would be a smart move to do your research and find the best training possible to start out. Keeps those white knuckle moments to a minimum.
Question, by anal retentive what do you mean? Attitude or training method? Just curious.
Any advise from any previous students would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2ok
Quote:
After investigating a few schools and driving to look at two of them, one which I wouldn't even go in (related to Driving Solutions), I am considering the Sage school in Grand Junction CO. I plan to drive up there and take a look before I make my final decision. I believe starting out in this industry it would be a smart move to do your research and find the best training possible to start out. Keeps those white knuckle moments to a minimum.
Question, by anal retentive what do you mean? Attitude or training method? Just curious.
You aren't going to these CDL schools for training. You're paying 4 or 5 grand to get a license...period. Why some people are willing to shell out big money to get a license is beyond me. Get your license the cheapest way possible because your training will come when you hire on with a company. CDL schools are all about sales and making money...period. But, if you want to pay 5K at 18% interest for the same license that you could have gotten for 1/3 the price, go for it.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
Quote:
Quote:
You aren't going to these CDL schools for training. You're paying 4 or 5 grand to get a license...period. Why some people are willing to shell out big money to get a license is beyond me. Get your license the cheapest way possible because your training will come when you hire on with a company. CDL schools are all about sales and making money...period. But, if you want to pay 5K at 18% interest for the same license that you could have gotten for 1/3 the price, go for it.
Best thing to do IMO is first find out what the companies that you are interested in require as far a schooling, then go from there. For example, many require the school to be PTDI certified (which may cost more $$), others do not......
Old 03-23-2007, 04:10 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
Quote:
Quote:
Best thing to do IMO is first find out what the companies that you are interested in require as far a schooling, then go from there. For example, many require the school to be PTDI certified (which may cost more $$), others do not......
There aren't that many that require PTDI certification. That in itself should tell you how important PTDI really is. PTDI makes money from schools "paying" for the title. Then the school resells it to a prospective student candidate. More sales gimmicks...when does it end? But you're right. Definitely call on some companies of interest and find out what their requirements are BEFORE plunking down all those c-notes on a school.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Rookie
Default we are thinking about sage

Does any one knowhowlong the class is and how much? Will they help you find a job after you are done?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: we are thinking about sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARYKAy48
Does any one knowhowlong the class is and how much? Will they help you find a job after you are done?
Sage in San Antonio cost $3995.00 and the course length runs Mon-Sat 8am-5pm for 3 weeks, a total of 156 hours. The San Antonio location does offer job placement assistance.