User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: we are thinking about sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARYKAy48
Does any one knowhowlong the class is and how much? Will they help you find a job after you are done?
I went to Sage in NC and the class was 5 weeks, 160 hrs. 120 class and 40 driving. All driving, range work and on the road, is just the student and instructor. True one on one training. That school was $3500.

Most schools offer job placement and many are able to place students in local jobs, depending on the area of the country you are in. I got a local job starting at $18 an hour without the long hours of OTR, home every night at supper time (that's called dinner time for some of you) and weekends off. There are lots of local jobs for new drivers in the NE but other parts of the country seem to have less offerings.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Rookie

I went to a sage school in NC too. It was worth the money to me due to the one on one driving instruction plus all the instructors had real OTR experience and gave good info to the future drivers. I had a boatload of stuff to learn even after the basic licensing info glad I did it though. Start orientation with Maverick Specialized next week. just my .02
Old 05-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: we are thinking about sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARYKAy48
Does any one knowhowlong the class is and how much? Will they help you find a job after you are done?
DO NOT rely on any school to find you a job. After you decide on a school start calling companies and make sure the school meets the companies requirements. You also need to do this so you know that you're hirable BEFORE paying hard earned money for a CDL. I've heard of some people that paid for a school only to find out they had issues that made them ineligible for certain companies, or nobody would hire them. Make sure you have a few companies lined up before going to school. Find the job yourself, as some schools are getting kickbacks from companies when students are sent their way. The school may act like they know what's best for you, but don't believe for a minute they will pass up a kickback just for your benefit.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Rookie
Default Soon

Sent my application, just waiting for the money (commission check) and off I go to Sage in Cor de Alene, Idaho.. One on one in the truck and the school is close to the mountains so I can get experience riding tem thar hills...