User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Day late and a Dollar short

Sh#t!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They sounded so promising,they told me such wonderful things about them and I found nothing bad about them until now!!!(At least according to the posts here)
3 weeks class time 3 weeks on the raod with a PROFESSIONAL trainer,3 weeks as second seat driver and then I get to lease my very own Brand New freightliner Classic xl!! What could possibly be better then that.
Can someone please tell me what is so bad about CR England??I leaving this weekend for what I thought would be a very good experience but now I wonder If I am at Hell's gate.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Do a search on them here and you'll find more than enough reason to not go with them.

Here's just 2 of them:

CREngland

CREngland 2

BOL! :wink:
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Day late and a Dollar short

Oh jeez. Not again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterflippinpan
Sh#t!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They sounded so promising,they told me such wonderful things about them and I found nothing bad about them until now!!!(At least according to the posts here)
Then you weren't looking very hard, because just about EVERY trucking message board out there says the same thing about good ol CRE.

Quote:
3 weeks class time 3 weeks on the raod with a PROFESSIONAL trainer,3 weeks as second seat driver and then I get to lease my very own Brand New freightliner Classic xl!! What could possibly be better then that.
And how much is that lease payment? $600 per week? News flash - you could BUY a new truck for cheaper than what you can LEASE one through CRE.

Quote:
Can someone please tell me what is so bad about CR England??I leaving this weekend for what I thought would be a very good experience but now I wonder If I am at Hell's gate.
They have a history of screwing their L/P drivers over. They'll give you the heaviest loads they have. Since they control your loads, they control your money, and they have no interest in seeing you successfully complete that Lease Purchase agreement. You'll suddenly find yourself without the miles you need to cover your expenses.

And that doesn't even take into account that CRE pays crap. $0.86 per mile, the last time I checked. Most of the money you make each week will go towards your expenses. Their Lease Purchase program is a HUGE moneymaker for them - you are basically renting a job. They stick you with most of the expenses of the operation, and they pay you chicken scraps for it. They come out smelling like a rose on the deal.

I would venture to say that AT LEAST 95% of CRE's L/P drivers never successfully complete the program. CRE doesn't care - they'll just take the truck back, and throw another sucker into it. You pay for all the expenses of owning the truck for them. They thank you by paying you one of the lowest wages for an O/O out there.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:06 AM
Rookie

So since i'm only 4 days from class start date and I wish to get my CDL, is same to assume that my best bet with cr england is to not do the lease and be company driver for a bit just to get some xp or do there 6 month test demo(I would think it would be in favor of them to give me good miles in this scenario to hook me into the bigger lease)?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member

IMHO - I would go get a CDL through one of the other companies, or better yet, pay for it yourself. Or go through some type of state workforce, JTPA, etc... :wink:
Old 04-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterflippinpan
So since i'm only 4 days from class start date and I wish to get my CDL, is same to assume that my best bet with cr england is to not do the lease and be company driver for a bit just to get some xp or do there 6 month test demo(I would think it would be in favor of them to give me good miles in this scenario to hook me into the bigger lease)?
If you are set on going to CRE to get your CDL, avoid any part of their L/P, no matter how great they make it sound.

If you want to own a truck, wait until you understand the industry - it will take a few years. That will give you time to save up a down payment. At that time, then you will be able to go out and purchase a truck.

There is nothing good about lease purchases, no matter what you hear to the contrary. The numbers just don't work for the driver. They work for the carrier, which is why they offer it.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:57 AM

I would check with Schneider National. I hear that they have one of the best training programs. Two weeks in school and two to three weeks with a trainer over the road and you are ready to go.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Senior Board Member
Default re get...

c'mon man do your research..........cre???????????? :? :? :? :?
why are you on this forum if not for research??????
wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!
geeezzzzz :shock:
Old 05-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Senior Board Member