User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello Dave...

I went with the Riverside School instead of Temecula since they had not move into that classroom while I was looking. I was in the Riverside Class the first day the Temecula instructor(cathy) came in and was sitting around listening to how the Riverside Instructor was conducting the class. He first started off by saying that he had never driven a truck just buses. At that point my warm and fuzzy for the school went away. The next day the Cathy came in and started to co-instruct and on the third day had taken over the class. She is very expirenced and gave us real world situations that we covered ontop of the book work.
I'm still with Davis and things are going ok. You can see what's going on with me and another driver on his thread.. Highseas to Highways. and read Goin Fer it's thread about Davis Transport also.
As far as tuition. I paid my way through so If there was something I did not like I could walk away. Davis is going to pay my tuition back not a problem.
If your interested in flatbedding.. take a look and talk to the recruiters. I spoke to Pat at Davis and got the warm and fuzzy with her.
If you hear one thing about them is they are so nice, small enough to know my name and keep me moving.
as of right now though...... Im in Sparks, NV at a kenworth dealer trying to get a bracket for my brake can. The weld broke on the bracket and Davis was like get it fixed and we'll pay for it no questions asked. I hear that these bracket brake sometimes....
Any way sorry for the late reply I've been running for the 8 weeks and have not really had enough time to stop and go through CAD in awhile.
I'm suppose to be heading home after my drop in CA for a week off...

I looked at ADS but found that everyones yard was in Fontana or Rialto area so instead of driving to Fallbrook I just hit the riverside school and the yard was maybe 5-10 miles away.
another company I was think of was Watkins Shepard but after going through school I realized I was not ready for just a 10 day training and set free. But if you think you can do it, they are a pretty good company also. My other negative think about them was that I could not take the truck home and there yard is in Santa Fe Springs. I would have to have my wife drive out 2hrs and then 2hrs back home.... hopefully not do this during rain or rush hour.

you in school yet? best of luck....

pb
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Rookie

Hey dewercs2!
Thanks for all the info! No I have not gotten in to school yet
because I am trying to find another way of paying for it other than going in to debt. I was and still am hopping that I can get a wia grant. I did apply for the
north county transit district to drive buses not the same as a truck but a step
closer and they pay you when you train. I Have been keeping track of you and
devil dices adventures. The company you guys are working for sounds like a
pretty fair company. Sounds like they let you get your job done and give you
enough time to get it done with out hounding you. Well thanks again for the info.
O and how come the thing under your name still says rookie seems like you have made more than enough post to move past that.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Board Regular

Hi Dave,

Don't know about the rookie part under my log in... But I'm still a rookie truck driver.
I lived in Escondido for about a year. I opened the old Home Depot on West Valley Parkway back in 1987 before I transfered to the Sports Arena Home Depot.
If you can get on with Escondido Transit I'd do that. Do you have a wife and kids? if so.... then stay home... The novelty of being on the road wears off pretty quickly.... But... I do like the to drive and OTR.. I do like... I got home last night and it was nice to be home... It's kinda wierd being in such an open area (home) compared to being in the truck. And that black box called a TV... WOW! lol....
As far as getting stuff done. Yeah, they say you have like 1900 miles and your eta is 4 days... so you start calculating 500 miles a day... and do you have mountians to climb..etc... its pretty easy to do 550 a day... 600 is harder but do able in a flat bed.

pb