User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default TN Trucking school Warning

This is a warning to anyone who is looking in to trucking school in TN. Do not go with Volunteer Training Center. The only good thing about them is there drive trainers and even the Trainers are telling people not to go there. All you become there is a dollar sign. They are disorganized and full of misinformation. They will change their story daily as to cost and the DOT regulations.

I am in my last 2 day with them and they has screwed over not just my whole class but the ones before and after me. They have a job placement program that they say will have you a job by graduation. They will not give out any ones paperwork that allows you to get your CDL until you have sign on to a company. Normally I would not have a problem with this except for the fact that in the 2nd week of training when you are to do all your prehire app's and they don't send any of them in to the company's until you confront them as to why on you last week of school you have not received any prehires. We as a class confronted the job placement lady along with our trainer to back us up as to why nothing had be done about this. We were told that the fax machine has be broken. BS the fax machine has been working the whole time the stupid woman had the damn thing set to receive fax's and not to send.

My whole experience with this place has be a roller coaster ride. Everything will go along smooth and then you get a huge blind drop out of nowhere.

They also want you to go with only the company's that they recommend, which, thank god for this message board, would have had me working for covenant with whom they rent a space from and they also use their equipment to teach in. They will also have you apply to places telling you that they are the best place to go if you want to go teams and then after you ask if they have heard back will tell you that if you want to go team you should never apply to the place they told to to apply to in the first place. I know that I am just starting or trying to start my trucking career but if I can help any one who follows me to avoid starting out with nit wits making it that much harder than my post has done its job. I have aced all my behind the wheel test and I am to graduate tomorrow with out it seems a job. I have started looking on my own along with my fellow classmates unless by some act of God they do their job and get me a job from the one of the 10 places I applied to.

I feel better now. Good luck to all others. Sorry so long.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Board Regular

I would never rely on a school to find me a job. You should have been talking to the companies you wanted to work for before you went to school. But that's water under the bridge. Don't let them sucker you into a company you don't want to work for. Get your CDL, go home, and start calling companies on your own.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Rookie

The school would not let me have my paper work to get my CDL until I set up an orientation with a company. I am going with US Express right now, and I will wait till I have some exp. before looking for something better. Thanks for the reply though!

Matt