User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default good CDL schools in florida

Hi,
Just like to know what schools you guys recommend in Florida, particularly northern Florida? I was gonna go with a company that provided training, but I'm starting to think that is not a good idea anymore.
TIA
mike
Old 02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Rookie

Check into National Training at www.truckschool.com.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Default schools

i live close to winter haven just s of haines city had a hard time finding schools anywhere around fl if u cant afford to pay then look at the large trucking cos. i went to swift in tn now im on my own truck only been 6 days ran almost 2300 miles ill take that to start if u have any q u can call me 863-242-9457 ill tell u like it is no bull i will tell u now. its hard work u will work for every penny. but so far i like what im doing...
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Rookie

I just graduated from Central Florida Community College's trucking school (read the thread on that school in this forum) and aside from some safety concerns about equipment, I found the instruction competent and realistic. They didn't blow smoke up anyone's skirt to attract students with promises of insanely high-paying jobs right out of school.

Classes are typically 8 students or less per five-week class. According to the instructors, that's still too many students and too little time! But you truly do get out of it what you put into it. Some of us went for it all, getting there early and staying late, grabbing all the practice and study opportunities we could. I think I got more out of that class than most of my classmates did.

I recommend CFCC if you're in or near Ocala, Florida. But wherever you decide to go, be a go-getter (not a teacher's pet, just a student who wants all you can get for your time and money) and don't expect to learn without plenty of personal initiative.

Let us know where you end up and how it works out. Good luck and go for it!

-Robin
Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Rookie

Try applying at a local distributor Pepsi, coors etc. They Often hire you if you can pass a drug test, have a clean driving record & temporary CDL and will train you while you get paid to pass the driving CDL test. Some companies have their own CDL examiners. I know a few guys who started this way and it worked out good for them. Good luck!