User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Swift academy / Kansas City MO

Hi All, I have been accepted to Swifts school in Kansas City MO. I am starting class on Feb 8th . Driving from eastern ma, Swift will reimburse my fuel. My recruiter told me I had to go to this school because I was from Mass and I will get my license in MO, not mass. Also was told this was a new school and not alot of students, 2 per room at the hotel, Provided all goes well Orientation will be in MO as well. With the grace of god I get through all that, I will be working out of the terminal in Syracuse NY. I have a class B cdl with most endorsements for class a , I let my hazmat expire years ago .small pain but should have no problem gettig it. Just wondering if anyone has been to this school in MO, or worked out of Syracuse, would love to hear how you liked it or hated it. And sure hope it warms up abit down there. Thank You All
Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Board Regular

How do you get a license in MO if you're not a MO resident? Are you just giving them a bogus address to use on the license?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Rookie

NevadaJim , It souds strange to me also ! However, being from Mass, I asked to go to a school closer to me as MO is 1.5 K miles from home. I was told some mumble Jumble about 3rd party school or business, I could not go to a closer one like Tenn . I thought she needed a drug test when I got off the Phone with her. But She said I will have my Official class A License when I leave MO. Also That I could Go right to Orientation From There. Then with mentor No waiting. I do have a family and will take a week off after I get my License. Bottom line is it has something to do with the State of Mass only. Honestly I wanted to have the test here , Brother inlaw is a homicide detective for State Police here.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Board Regular

Yes, it must be different from state to state. I'm going to their school Portland and the Oregon DMV told me I needed to get an Oregon license before I could be issued a CDL. You may want to quiz the folks at the DMV in MO for the real answer.