User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default NTTS School

I visited the school today, they have several different programs, depending on what you want to do. From a CDL-B class to a 720 hour, 15 week Professional Driver class. The most popular, according to the admission manager is a 320 hour class. It prepares you for the CDL permit test, then you get 160 hours behind the wheel and the balance in class room and simulator time. You will get an air brake certification for adjusting along with the CDL training.

The course is 7 or 10 weeks and they offer financial aid in the form of loans unless you are a Vet or able to receive other assistance. They work with 4 main companies for placement, although they have placed students in over 140 different companies. The main 4 are DOT, H.O.Wold, Swift, and Werner all of whom offer some form of Tuition reimbursement from $200/month to $100/month.

They have two different schools in New York, one in Liverpool near Syracuse and the other in Buffalo. they have been in business since 1971 are are PTDI certified one of two in NY state.

This may sound like a commercial but that is what I learned today. The course is not cheap - $6800 for the 7 week course - but at the end you owe no one and can work anywhere.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Rookie

NTTS is a decent school, my buddy went through their training and now pulling for H.O. Wolding Transportation. Make sure to ask what is the ratio to instructor/trainer right now.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Rookie

OK so thy want you to pay upfront pappy are you going to go to the school ?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Rookie

Did the $6800 include the apartment, DOT, book, and DMV expenses? The apartment is $100/5 days (Sunday night through Thursday night). The other fees vary depending on what you already have. I.E. if you have a DOT physical within the last 6 months then you only need to do the drug test part of the physical.