User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DTS in Pasco washington

Anyone ever go to this school or know someone that did?
Going to go down monday and talk to them, look at equipment, ect.
Just wanted to know how they liked them, how informative they were, placement, ect.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:00 PM

I tested in Pasco at DTS. I attended DTS in Spokane. I liked the training and was working right after school started.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Senior Board Member

First week is over! Starting to get the feel of everything. I was ahead of everyone else, already had my permit, and completed a 400+ page book with quizzes. So my first day out I was driving.

Pre-trip was a little overwhelming at first, after a week it's getting really smooth and easy. Shifting... can you say "grind'? By the 2nd day I figured out the RPM's and don't grind any more. Well.... for the most part.
Backing... straight is not a problem.... 45.... first time I hit it with no pull ups 2 days later I had to pull up 3 times ( when I finely got close enough to hit the hole ) Don't know why I hit it the first time and now I can't. It will come to me.

Teachers/Trainers are Great. If you have a question, they answer, if they think you should know it, they ask a question about your question, and make you use your head and find the answer yourself.

Can't say enough about the school so far, it's been great. I'm Happy.
The only thing I don't understand... Students that don't study and think they can pass the test. We have 3 or 4 of them, and I tell them to shut off the TV and read, read, read, and when your done.... read again... I watched them go take the test 3 times and fail, and it's really not that hard if you READ.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Senior Board Member

2nd week complete. Everything is getting easier and smoother. I can hit my 45 backup with 1 pull up every time. Not grinding, and feel I have the pre-trip pretty much down, only forget 1 or 2 minor things, by next week I shouldn't miss a beat. Don't know what my score is thus far, but was told high 90's.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:33 AM

glad to see things are going well for you. You got it right that you have to read and study to get past the course. There are people like that in ever course you will ever take, for some they can do it but most have to study. Keep us posted.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Senior Board Member

3rd week (meaning last week ) smooth as silk, no grinding, Not jerking people around during shifting, starts, and stops, missing all corners. Then on Monday of this week I hit 2 curbs.... :roll: automatic fail if I do that in testing. 1 was my fault, trying to gain an extra point for missing an X in the road during the turn. Took it about a foot to long, Later I found the spot and can miss both the X and curb. The other time I was in a turn and the instructor started saying "Turn, Turn" so I turned, like a dumb ass and hit the curb, I wanted to go out another 6 inches to a foot and if I had I would have missed it.

This week.... Lost my gears, jumped from 5th to 6th about 6 times, due to traffic, then forgot what gear I was in.... Lesson learned.... screw jumping back and fourth.... leave it in 6th and crawl if needed....screw traffic behind me.... let them crawl with me or go around me.

Getting a little stressed cause testing is so close and watched a couple of people flunk several times from the last class. I test today... I shouldn't stress and will try not to. Take a deep breath, relax and think first before I start talking. Relax while driving, don't worry about the 3rd party tester, or what he is writing, could be good not bad. ( this is more for me to remember ) Look in both my mirrors every 10 seconds or less and read the road signs, look at least 6 times 2 before, 2 during ,2 and after each turn. Look in both mirrors when breaking, look 6 times when changing lanes. Down shift only as far as you need to when coming to a stop, and stop smooth and behind the line. In the emergency stop ( which I haven't done yet but will be tested on ) get the trailer inside the white line, pull the parking breaks, hit the hazard lights, hit the selector leaver to low. Do not roll back 1/16 of an inch!! Backing, hazards, and horn and look in both mirrors, and when your butt hits the seat, seat belt goes on! Oh and Kurt (me) Take your damn foot off the service break before you check the tractor breaks!! did that on Monday for some reason.

Out of 7 students only 3 of us will test today. The others do not have all the endorsements needed yet. Don't know why they keep flunking, guess they don't study at home.

I can't say enough about the people at this school, anyone in this area should look into them if your getting your CDL, no such thing as a stupid question here, they are here to help and "Teach" and they great bunch of people. Easy going and straight forward with ya.

Wish me luck!!!