User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default thermo king tri pac

while i know this has been covered a lot i figured why not another review?

i got mine last jan. while i still only have 280 hours on it, its been a life saver! the heat does work well however, i think if my truck was better insalated it'd be amazing.

the AC works incredible. i was stuck in a heat wave over the summer in 95*+ temps. natuaraly i had the front of the truck closed off with the wrap around curtan. the fan never went above the med. fan setting and it still heled the 70* setting.

the things i do wish that would be diffrent is:

fan noise: on low it sounds like its on high. while its nothing it could get a tad annoying while trying to talk on the phone or watch a movie.
+5 -5*: i really wish this was down to 3* on both ends. the ac will kick off at 70 but will kick back on at 75. for me, thats way too much but i live.
no auto fan: i really wish they could put a auto fan feture on this unit.

i've only had one problem with it but it was covered under a recall. the alt. pulley came apart and ripped the belt. it still worked but sounded like the motor was coming apart. i earge any new tripac owner to have this looked at asap.

my major complaint.. the intalation. i recomend NOT using CSTK in allentown pa. they butchered my cat walk, didnt put the "safty" rings around the duct tubing when it was drilled though my cabinets. while they gave me a good price, its just embarassing to look at.

i also recomend up grading the inverter. insted of the 1500 (?) they give with it, i put in a coleman 2500watt one. no issues while charging my computer, printer, air card and microwave.

if anyones wondering i had it installed on a 04 columbia 70" condo.