User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Have you run a 5-Pack? I would like your thoughts

Just in the process of adding a unit and the metro 5 pack looks like it would be great (do in-city and short haul car moves). Pro's it's tiny and will fit anywhere, con's...don't know I have not loaded/unloaded one.

Anyone out there have actual experience with this setup? What was it like for load and unload times, any potential damage hazards? Could I hire a rookie driver and put him in this without loosing sleep?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Load times will vary from one individual to another and should improve as the operator gains experience. You don't want to put an inexperienced driver on a truck like a 5 pack. It is too easy to have damage. Besides, an inexperienced driver won't know how to properly secure or load the truck. With that type of truck damage can put you out of business very quickly.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Rookie

Thanks Gman, my hubby is our #1 driver and has run 3-wedge and 10 Stingers, only 2 damage claims in 7 years so he can run anything....adding staff is a whole new dimension for us.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Board Regular

I considered buying one, or building one that had a coffin sleeper. I've been told by guys that operate them, that they are heavy on the tail end when loaded, but since they use them locally it's no problem. This could be a problem if you wanted to work regionally. You are more limited on what you can load where on those trucks, but I'd love to have one.

Tags
5 pack, metro, question