User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 02 Cool Box Personal Air Conditioner

I just purchased this product in an attempt to keep comfortable while keeping my idle tune at it's current 4.64%

I am about to deliver a load to Miami, FL on Monday and will be able to test it ,extensively, this week, there and back, across the Southern US where I expect temperatures to be over 100 degrees during the day and over 80 degrees at night.

This is a small, light product about 4 or 5#s. It's dimensions are about 13" x 7" x 16". It will hold 4#s of ice. It is a swamp cooler design, blowing air across ice. Once some of the ice has melted it will mist, also. It's power sources are AC, DC, built in rechargable batteries and 8 D batteries. The fan has three settings and has an adjustable vent.

Reviews say the ice will last about 1.5 to 2 hours or maybe a little longer if you freeze and use your own block ice. That is a limitation, of course. I will probable buy a bag of ice and let it run when I stop for the day while I get something to eat and shower then dump the water and replace it with fresh ice while I go to sleep. Hopefully, by this time I will be asleep and not notice the heat so much. Or maybe I can get by with my window screens and turbo fan.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Rookie

Hey Terry, just wandering if yu've used the a/c yet and if so do you think it would cool down a jeep if used in the console area.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebum1972
Hey Terry, just wandering if yu've used the a/c yet and if so do you think it would cool down a jeep if used in the console area.
I use it one time. That trip I took to Florida and another turned out to be unseasonably cool, so I really didn't need it.

The one time I did use it, it cooled fine until the ice melted. That was a couple of hours or longer. You could extend the two hours by running your AC before you pulled over for the night.

After the ice melted I used the mister, thinking the fine mist from cool water blowing on my body would keep me cool for another hour or too.
It did, but I must have had it too close to my bunk, because I woke to a thoroughly soaked bunk.

Now I have left trucking to run a Martial Arts School and no longer have any use for it.