User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No matter what you buy, have something to back it up. A hard drive that you take with you. A hard drive at home maybe. Because no matter what you buy, panasonic tough book included, the vibration will eventually kill you computer. It usually happens at the most inopportune time.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldisnotenough
No matter what you buy, have something to back it up. A hard drive that you take with you. A hard drive at home maybe. Because no matter what you buy, panasonic tough book included, the vibration will eventually kill you computer. It usually happens at the most inopportune time.
I'll second that. I just had to replace my hard drive out on the road after it up and failed on me.

As far as Best Buy laptops go, it really all depends on what you are getting. I'm on my third Best Buy laptop in less than 3 years. The one I have now, a Lenovo 3000 N100, is by far the best one I've had so far. It is a business grade laptop, and has heavy duty metal hinges. My first laptop, I killed the hinges in about 6 months. My second laptop, I killed the screen in about a year. This laptop, so far the only thing that has gone wrong with it is the hard drive failing. Fortunately, they were able to recover my data off of the old hard drive, so $430 later I was back up and running. :shock:
Old 03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Stay away from Toshiba. I bought one for 550 from Best Buy and itsfsiled twice. My computer guru friend yelled at me for it. battery shorted, not enough ram, only runs vista....rrrrg.

He said the best Value is the IBM IdeaPad? or ThinkPad? (forgot whic one- but the cheaper one) is around 6-800 and is the best value and durable for the money.

HTH
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Thanks Fellas!!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant