User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
I use Drivers Daily Log and absolutely love it!!! Also, the woman at our company loves the fact I use it. The logs are always perfect and easy to read. I've also had a couple of quick inspections and the DOT didn't give my logs a 2nd look when I handed them the printed logs. However, not all companies will allow the printed logs, so double-check before you spend the cash on it.

As far as the updates - they're free. It does take a bit to get used to it, however. Also, you don't have to use every feature of what it can do (such as expense tracking, state mileage, etc). I only use the actual logging and trip entries on it.

Yes, you will need to have a printer to be able to print the logs immediately if the DOT asks for the logs. I keep an extra pack of paper and an extra set of ink in the truck as well.

As far as the other 2 programs - I can't help there - Never used them.
Malaki gives great advice on the program, however one thing is you should have them logs printed out every day and make sure you physically sign them log sheet papers . You may get by with DOT on the road, however when they come into the office, they tend to get more specific and have time and the regulation states if using a logging program you must!

1) have a log book just incase the computer crashes
2) You must physically sign the log sheets that are printed out! You can not use the digitally signatures even though it's your actual signature.

The program as stated is AWESOME and I love my drivers that use it because it avoids "usually" simple math errors that are caused by the most perfect driver. It also helps you split break (basically it will tell you when your 11 & 14 hour is up so if you split break it will put a "S" in there which says if you split break you can drive until this time and.
It will tell you when you are in violation etc.

If a company doesn't accept them maybe you should push a little more. I will say the Drivers Daily Log owner will only "modify" to a company's log form if they have I think 25 drivers using drivers daily log, so it's important to register your company "current" name and address when switching. But if the company says that doesn't work with my scanner, here's what I would do!

Look on Drivers daily log under "download page" and then click on "DDL PRINT MODULES" If you look under there and find the company that makes your logs and the bar code # that is printed on all of your logs (look beside the bar codes and there should be a #, mine is beside where you should put the date , which I am assuming most should be).

If they have that log format # it should be compatible with their log program for the most part. Now if they get 25 drivers using the program they will have a specific log sheet for their drivers which makes it easier to down load because all you have to do is look for your companies name and you will know you have the most recent companies log format.

I can't say anything bad about it, except you can still forget to update it and that can cause problems.

Please at this point just check with your company to see if they accept DDL and if they don't see how high you need to go to get it approved by the company.
I know I had drivers coming to me and I just told them no it won't work with our scanning system. It was after 2 drivers went to the bigger dog in operations i
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS
I have a ? for you all that use the DDL. I just got the free 60 deal and was wondering.... when you print it out do you have the info in the remarks section listed or did you change it to the flagging, like you would on the paper logs? So pretty much i am just asking if it is legal to have it listed that way. it looks a lot cleaner listed out like that.

I would have it showing at the time of the duty status change just like you would if you was filling out the log sheet. That is much easier on the log auditor and DOT.

Instead of listing it all in the remark section to the left with the time/and duty status I would have it print if I changed duty status @ 3:00 am it should show a line going down to line 4 and put the city & state.

This is especially critical if a company is using a log scanning software.

I have a basic setting as to what the log should print out as.

Just send me a pm with your e-mail address and I can e-mail it to you. Just remind me that I am to e-mail you a copy of a log sheet
I hope this helps somewhat, I know I rambled allot