User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Garmin StreetPilot i3 GPS system

I bought this recently and have found it very useful.

Pros:
Size- its very small and compact and able to attach it anywhere

Price-its cheap, i bought a refurbished one from Ebay for $139 not including shipping

Ease of Use- very easy to use, not many features you have to play with and is ready to use out of the box without much hassle

Voice Prompts- it warns you where to turn, how long to turn till the next turn so you never miss a turn

built in speedometer- tells you how fast you are going on the screen along with a compass

Address- able to save addresses for faster routing

Cons:

screen Size- hard to see at night

routing- Doesn't always give you the best routing and haven't found out how to get this bypassed

Moving Map- unable to move the map in the screen to see what else is around, you have to zoom out

So far i'm VERY pleased with this GPS system and its a great starter for any OTR driver
Old 12-28-2007, 02:27 PM

Is it truck route or not. I am looking at getting something for one of my drivers till he can get him a laptop. He is going out on the road Wed. and needs something. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum
Is it truck route or not. I am looking at getting something for one of my drivers till he can get him a laptop. He is going out on the road Wed. and needs something. Thanks.
Dude, there isn't a product on the market today that you can totally rely upon to do truck routing, even the high dollar ones that advertise that they do truck routing will route you down restricted routes. Hence, just get Microsoft Streets & Trips, it's not only much cheaper, but is is more accurate and a whole lot easier to use as well! Just remember to check your routes anytime you get off of the Interstates or the national system.