User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Strap pusher, snagger.

I was at a truck stop over on the East coast, I don't remember where, several months ago. I say a strap pusher/snagger. A tool that helps get you securement straps through what you are securing. It could be used for other purposes also. It unscrewed in the middle so it would be easier to store. Screwed together it was probably 8" to 10" long. Does anyone know what I am describing here and know where I can buy one. I have looked all over the internet and I am not having any luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Strap pusher, snagger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
I was at a truck stop over on the East coast, I don't remember where, several months ago. I say a strap pusher/snagger. A tool that helps get you securement straps through what you are securing. It could be used for other purposes also. It unscrewed in the middle so it would be easier to store. Screwed together it was probably 8" to 10" long. Does anyone know what I am describing here and know where I can buy one. I have looked all over the internet and I am not having any luck.
It sounds like a long 5th wheel puller.....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Board Regular

Don't know what you're referring to, but I use a paint pole with a hook on the end of it. I just buy the 2" roller assy that screws on the pole, take the roller off and modify what's left. Mine is 4' and extends to almost 8', but they do make them shorter.

I pull/push my chains, straps and tarps around with it.

Large camping/boating places also sell a pole with 2 hooks, I can't think of the proper name for it right now, that is made specifically for boating. It's a bit pricey, but works well.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckdobe
Don't know what you're referring to, but I use a paint pole with a hook on the end of it. I just buy the 2" roller assy that screws on the pole, take the roller off and modify what's left. Mine is 4' and extends to almost 8', but they do make them shorter.

I pull/push my chains, straps and tarps around with it.

Large camping/boating places also sell a pole with 2 hooks, I can't think of the proper name for it right now, that is made specifically for boating. It's a bit pricey, but works well.
That is a good idea. It isn't as thin or as small in diameter as what I am thinking about, but it would work.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

If you are handy at all what you could do is go down to your local plumbing supply store, Lowes, Home Depot, etc and get yourself 2 4 ft pieces of steel 1/2 inch pipe with the threaded ends. Buy 1 coupler and 1 end cap for the pipe.

Then go and get a 4 foot piece of threaded rod about 1/4 or 3/8 in diameter, and 4 nuts that will fit the threaded rod.

Bend one end of the rod into a hook, place two of the nuts as a top stop on the rod.

Drill a hole in the pipe end cap, insert the rod into the cap and put on the other 2 nuts on the bottom side of the cap. (Using the two nuts on each side will help prevent any backing off.

Screw the cap with the rod inserted into the end of one of the pipes, put the coupler on the other end and really tighten in down.

When you need the tool just screw on the other pipe and you have an 8 foot grabber, when you are done it breaks down into 2 four foot pieces for easy storage.

If you do not feel handy and able to do it at all, buy the stuff and take it down to a local machine shop and explain what you want done.

If you want something a little over 10 feet in length just add a second coupler and a 2 foot piece of pipe to the above.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
If you are handy at all what you could do is go down to your local plumbing supply store, Lowes, Home Depot, etc and get yourself 2 4 ft pieces of steel 1/2 inch pipe with the threaded ends. Buy 1 coupler and 1 end cap for the pipe.

Then go and get a 4 foot piece of threaded rod about 1/4 or 3/8 in diameter, and 4 nuts that will fit the threaded rod.

Bend one end of the rod into a hook, place two of the nuts as a top stop on the rod.

Drill a hole in the pipe end cap, insert the rod into the cap and put on the other 2 nuts on the bottom side of the cap. (Using the two nuts on each side will help prevent any backing off.

Screw the cap with the rod inserted into the end of one of the pipes, put the coupler on the other end and really tighten in down.

When you need the tool just screw on the other pipe and you have an 8 foot grabber, when you are done it breaks down into 2 four foot pieces for easy storage.

If you do not feel handy and able to do it at all, buy the stuff and take it down to a local machine shop and explain what you want done.

If you want something a little over 10 feet in length just add a second coupler and a 2 foot piece of pipe to the above.
I was a gunsmith before I became a truck driver, I have a machine shop where I can manufacture things like this and have been thinking about that if cannot find what I want commercially.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Senior Board Member

There ya go Terry. Should be a short and simple project for you and with a lot of the junk out there, what ever you make at home would probably be 3 x's as durable for 1/4 the price.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Rookie

PLUS AS AN ADDED BENIFIT THE TEN+ LBS IT WEIGHS WILL KEEP YOUR BICEPS FIT AND TRIM
Old 07-20-2007, 04:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Strap pusher, snagger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Terry, my trainer has one and he said it bought it at a TA truck stop but can not recall where. I have been looking myself because his is handy as hell.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Board Regular

What a great Idea. This looks pretty handy to have. I have one that extends from 4 ft to 7 ft.http://www.beckson.com/bh.html