User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Detroit Assurance question

Hi, I'm new to this forum but this seemed like the right place for this question.

I drive for what could be considered a very large fleet. We have Mack, International, Kenworth, and Freightliner tractors.

The route that I am on is assigned a 2020 Freightliner Cascadia. It's nice enough. Comfortable, simple.

My question is: Is there a way to get the Detroit Assurance driver assist to not mute the stereo? I don't want to disable them or anything because I don't want to get fired. But the indicator that goes off to alert to a vehicle in the passenger side lane goes off when I put on my turn signal and there is someone anywhere along the side of the vehicle. This is a pain in the ass because I drive in Chicago traffic every day and I need to signal to drivers behind while there is still a car next to me all the time. It also goes off in every traffic circle. There is also a great deal of construction currently along my route which causes the lane departure to go off pretty frequently once the disable expires after 15 minutes.

This probably seems like a minor annoyance but I listen to audiobooks while I drive so I am constantly skipping back 30 seconds(the only button available in my app) to catch anything I have missed.

Again I'm not trying to disable it or make it not have sound I just want the radio to still be on while it does.

Last edited by nathansmith50; 07-24-2020 at 03:26 PM. Reason: more information