User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default water leak

I have an 2014 Freight Liner Cascadia. I have a water leak that comes in on the passenger side floor board in the back near the sleeper. It only gets wet when it rains. I have checked underneath the truck and try to seal everything I could. Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Board Icon

Of course it only gets wet when it rains! It's possible the leak is higher up, like on the roof line and running down the wall where it pools on the floor and then you notice it. Or, the water is running down the cab exterior into a seam that isn't sealed properly near the floor. This would not be underneath the truck. What you need to do is run water over the truck in different spots and see when it gets wet inside to narrow it down on where it is coming in. Would work really well if you can dye the water different colors for each time you hit it with water in different locations!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
What you need to do is run water over the truck in different spots and see when it gets wet inside to narrow it down on where it is coming in. Would work really well if you can dye the water different colors for each time you hit it with water in different locations!
Yep, but start spraying water down low and slowly work your way up higher while checking inside often. Chances are it's leaking at the door weatherstrip or the sleeper vent, not many other places to leak unless the trucks been wrecked and 'fixed'.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck31706 View Post
I have an 2014 Freight Liner Cascadia. I have a water leak that comes in on the passenger side floor board in the back near the sleeper. It only gets wet when it rains. I have checked underneath the truck and try to seal everything I could. Any suggestions?
i had a situation where the water was coming in from a partially opened upper bunk window. many times, the window locks either do not work or are just never properly locked. check that out.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:04 AM
Rookie

It obviously get wet when it rains because from the leaks the water will come in and makes it wet.So leak detection and repair is necessary from my point of view.