User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2006 International 9200i Clutch Brake Linakage

Looking for advice on how to adjust the clutch brake linkage on my 2006 International 9200i
Old 07-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Rookie

You adjust the clutch brake first, then the clutch pedal free-travel. There should be a threaded adjuster on one end of the rod attached to the clutch release arm on the bellhousing. Shorten the rod until the clutch brake takes hold with the pedal about an inch from the floor. This will most likely remove all the free play in the clutch, remove the inspection plate on the bottom of the bellhousing and re-adjust the free play by turning the threaded adjuster in the center of the pressure plate. Turn the engine over until you can access the keeper on the pressure plate(3/8" bolt) and rotate the center of the pressure plate, clockwise for more free play. The clutch pedal needs to held down to allow the center part to be turned, I use a jack handle between the seat frame and the pedal, two to four notches on the adjuster is a good place to start.