User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
this is a bit off topic but.. shifting at 1550 is wayyy too high.. i love my cat! haha only time i bring my truck over 1500 on a shift is when i'm pulling super super heavy (80k+)

are the mufflers loud? being i got a 04 freightliner with the MBN, i was told that the factory freighliner mufflers have cat converters in them. mine are pretty well blown out and i HATE loud. just waiting for a hole in one of them so i can replace them. just do not want the cat converters.
That is the reason I went with Walker Megaflow mufflers. Not loud, a little more rumble, but not loud. And they are straight thru design for high flow performance. Got a pair of them from Summit Racing for around $230 total cost delivered to the front door. And their warranty blows everyone else out of the water.