User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Cummins ISM, yr 2000, chek eng, alarms, etc.. ? Bypass?

Sat all night truck running the ac fine, went to head out n the eng shut down while i was airing up a tire. Fluids are Fine, both oil n water, but my sensors keep fireing off n shutting down the motor. I tried diconnecting n cleaning connectors , by passing them etc. n same code comes up ??
Whats weird about it is the alarms would fire off every so often just for a few seconds when i made a sharp turn or rolled over a RR crossing. But only for a half a second?
This is in a 2001 volvo WAH 64 . ? Any suggestions ??
Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 AM

If you want to try something take a paper clip a stick in the plug that plugs into the sensor and see if that works. Got me home one time with a Freightshaker with a Detroit that had a bad water sensor.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Sat all night truck running the ac fine, went to head out n the eng shut down while i was airing up a tire. Fluids are Fine, both oil n water, but my sensors keep fireing off n shutting down the motor. I tried diconnecting n cleaning connectors , by passing them etc. n same code comes up ??
Whats weird about it is the alarms would fire off every so often just for a few seconds when i made a sharp turn or rolled over a RR crossing. But only for a half a second?
This is in a 2001 volvo WAH 64 . ? Any suggestions ??
My 1999 Cummins ISM had a mystery, momentary "Shut down short" that would turn on alarms/warning lights and actually sounded like the engine killed for a split-second. Turned out to be bad wiring at the position sensor that screws into the back of the front cover, kind of behind the air compressor. Problem occurred when hitting a big bump, bridge joint, etc. Found a bare wire in the harness that plugs into that sensor. Replaced the sensor also while we were at it.

Last edited by Red Clay Rambler; 10-08-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: more info