User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Michelin "Custom mold" XDA-23 AT Retreads.

I remember someone use it, and was quiet happy with the results, but couldn't find the topic. Any one have any experience, or an opinion? Well, of course everybody has an opinion, i mean opinion based on a personal, or verifiable experience.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Senior Board Member

I have had them on my drives for a year now and have had no trouble at all with them. My loads are a dedicated run of 350 miles a day on the flat with 39K lbs in the box.

I have them on my trailer too and they have been on the trailer since November and show no wear yet.

I bought them all at Allied Oil and Tire in Des Moines and the price was around $200 each. They were also very fair with carcass trade ins.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Senior Board Member

I have them on my tractor now. Had issues early on, in that two of the tires were sorely out of round, and a couple were up almost 2 lb off balance. That's right, I said almost 2 lb. They were right around 32 oz off balance. Exchanged them right there. They are wearing as well as any virgin tire I have used.

If you get them, make sure that they are spin balanced so that they can be checked for excessive out of round and balanced. I have yet to see a recap that didn't need some balance weight to them. If it gets above 12 oz, have the dealer exchange tires right then and there. Of course, if one is out of round, then it comes off right there as well. Hopefully none of these issues will show up on the tires you get.

I got my tires at Allied in Des Moines like Scott did. Those are a great bunch of guys there. They will try and make sure everything is right before you drive off. But you need to check things for yourself. They have no problem spinning up drive tires and checking them. Make sure you ask them to do so.

If you go there, one of the best guys in the country for alignments works there. Todd does their alignments and is a step nephew of mine. He has been doing alignments for over 2 decades and is in high demand. He even teaches frame and alignments some over at the local tech center.

Last edited by Copperhead; 03-12-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks guys! Unfortunately, i don't run that area anymore. But will look for a local dealers between NJ and OH, that's where i run.