User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 AM
Rookie
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 24
Default 2005 freightliner columbia cat c15 gas mileage

I just bought a 2005FL with cat c15 and im wondeing how should my gas milage be with a full load? milage per gallon?:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Kranky's Avatar
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhgpt View Post
I just bought a 2005FL with cat c15 and im wondeing how should my gas milage be with a full load? milage per gallon?:
It shouldn't get any GAS mileage, it's a DIESEL!

:lol:
__________________
If you can't shift it smoothly, you shouldn't be driving it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 807
Default

With Detroit i get around 6.2-6.5 on average but i run very heavy and have to idle to unload my tank.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Orangetxguy's Avatar
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranky View Post
It shouldn't get any GAS mileage, it's a DIESEL!

:lol:

:bigthink: :bigclap:



Of course...you can try running gas if you like.
__________________
Space...............Is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence! :thumbsup: Star Trek2009
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2009, 12:53 AM
heavyhaulerss's Avatar
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: north alabama
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
With Detroit i get around 6.2-6.5 on average but i run very heavy and have to idle to unload my tank.
yeah but you have a det. a cat owner should expect no where near your m.p.g. i have a det 1.3 mil mi no rebuild yet & getting 6.2- 6.5. was getting 7.00 or 7.8 many years ago
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:30 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss View Post
yeah but you have a det. a cat owner should expect no where near your m.p.g. i have a det 1.3 mil mi no rebuild yet & getting 6.2- 6.5. was getting 7.00 or 7.8 many years ago
Friend of mine runs the same routes as i do, he has KW with c-15 and gets about the same as i do.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
GMAN's Avatar
Administrator
Board Icon
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 17,082
Default

I have one truck with a CAT that averages 6.29 mpg. Another with the same engine averages 6.91 mpg. I have gotten over 7 mpg and I remember that I only got 4.99 on one tank a few years ago, but these are the averages. How you drive will impact your fuel mileage more than any other single factor. Wind, hills or mountains, the type of trailer you pull and weight also play a factor in fuel mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-28-2009, 09:34 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I have one truck with a CAT that averages 6.29 mpg. Another with the same engine averages 6.91 mpg. I have gotten over 7 mpg and I remember that I only got 4.99 on one tank a few years ago, but these are the averages. How you drive will impact your fuel mileage more than any other single factor. Wind, hills or mountains, the type of trailer you pull and weight also play a factor in fuel mileage.
On my run from Toledo to Winnebago,MN yesterday, I have gotten 5.1mpg on my Detroit even though i run no more than 60mph. I did have wind from IN all the way up but still goes to show you that it really doesnt matter which engine you have.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
tracer's Avatar
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhgpt View Post
I just bought a 2005FL with cat c15 and im wondeing how should my gas milage be with a full load? milage per gallon?:
it'll depend on how heavy you're when loaded, how fast you drive, if it's winter or summer, and how many big hills you'll go through. with 3.73 ratio and cruising very slow at 59 mph, i usually get 6.5 mpg in summer but now when it's cold it dropped almost 1 mpg as i went through some serious hills in alberta and northern ontario. mine is a 2004 cat c15 acert with 550 hp.
__________________

Watch my YouTube videos
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Blind Driver's Avatar
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 541
Default

7.25 mixed driving.
__________________
"Professional stake killer with ability to operate heavy equipment"
Reply With Quote
Reply






Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.