User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ABS and TRAC CNTRL Lights

I"m gonna start by saying I know very little about.....well most things when it comes to these tractors.

Anyway.... I drive an 9200 International day cab and I am a company driver so its not my truck. Our Mechanics are hand cuffed with this problem cuz they say they do not have the software to diagnose the problem.... Hold your laughter for later please.

The dash lights for the ABS and Tracton control stay on all the time and the read out on the dash says there are two faults and they are..... 136:F03 and 136:F04. I think, by talking to other drivers, that it could be a sensor in the rear end..... Anyone have an idea?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Rookie

The mechanics are right about the software. It's not easy getting the IH software unless you are a huge customer and even then you still can't get the full meal deal. They like to make you bring it back to them for torubleshooting and repairs. You can't even add a switch into the multi-plex system without taking it to them to have it turned on.

Unless your mechanics have had some IH training and literature those codes won't mean diddly. They could maybe call a dealer and see if they can wring any info out of the service manager but he'll most likely tell them to bring it in.

That said, even without IH software they should be checking the basics on the ABS/Tract Cntrl system. Look for pinched, broken, loose wires on the wheel sensors and check the air gap between the sensor and excitor ring on each wheel. Check the fuse for the ABS. Check the connections at the main ABS relay valve and modulator valves (if the system has remote ones).

Do they have any ABS software? If so they may be able to use it to diagnose the problem.

Did you have a brake job or wheel seals replaced right before this started happening?

I know it's hard to get a mechanic to take troubleshooting advice from a driver so good luck. Maybe you could take a quick look at any sensor wiring that you can see. The sensors will have a small round cable coming out of the back of the brake spider and probably tied to the brake hoses all the way up to the valve. Just look for anything broken. They will probably only be on one rear axle, one on each side and the front axle.
I had a KW in the shop yesterday with an ABS fault and for some reason the laptop wouldn't connect to the Bendix system. I finally gave up on that method and just started looking at the basics. Walked right to the #3 left wheel and started tracing the cable and found where it had broken right at a zip tie in plain sight. Spliced it back together and problem was fixed. It's not always that easy but you never know.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Rookie

unplug the traction control module,if the light goes out,the module is bad,if it doesnt then you have a break in the sensor wires or the main power wires.the problem spots on them are where the plugs and wires are wiretied to the hoses and other points on the truck.

the system on the truck needs its own software,which could be a bendix more than likely.go to there site and do a search on it with the codes you gave here.i work on a fleet of them,and they are problematic with there wiring harness.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
I know it's hard to get a mechanic to take troubleshooting advice from a driver so good luck.

This is so true........