LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob h View Post
...put less soot in it.
I don't yet have a DPF engine yet, but alot of problems seem to be the norm...

I believe Bob has alot of knowledge about engines and would like to know if he would recommend this EGR shut off for trucks that idle alot ?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank View Post
'08 with a DPF here. Sorta wondering what the EGR trick will do to the DPF. HAven't found anyone that's tried it yet.
The few times I have heard of someone with a DPF equipped ISX, doing the EGR trick didn't work too well. Seems the ECM has a real issue with it. There is so much going on with the different sensors, it didn't like the EGR being unplugged. On the others, I have heard of some throwing a CEL, but the engine ran just fine. On mine, it does throw a fault code, but I had the engine put on the Cummins diagnostic and the code was only for an electrical circuit disconnect. No CEL. Have had the EGR unplugged for approx 100,000 miles and have no desire to plug it back up. My Cummins dealer could really care less. They never have pitched a fit whenever I took it to them and they just ignore the unplug. Had a couple of warranty issues (not related to the emissions), and they honored teh warranty every time, no question, even with the EGR unplugged. It just went out of the 500,000 mile warranty, so that isn't an issue anymore.