User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Replacement Seats

Well, the seats in my truck have about had it. Driver seat will just slip back a few notches on you out of the blue - needless to say this is not desireable......so it's time to get a driver seat atleast. The passenger seat rocks side to side about 6" or so on you and while that sucks, it's not as high priority as the driver seat.

Question is..... can I just get any seat or does it need to be truck specific? Truck is a 96 Freightliner FLD120. Both seats are air-ride.

A guy told me the local (well, 100 miles away) Pete dealer was advertising Pete Legacy seats for around $500, but I didn't get a chance to call them today and see for myself. I don't want to spend the mega bucks on a custom seat - those things can get crazy $$$$. Looking for a good replacement seat (air, suspension and all if possible) for around $500 or so I guess.

Any help you guys can give would be great.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

look here:
http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=34493
Old 07-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Doesn't have to be truck specific. They all have the same square bolt pattern. Two people can put a seat in no problem. You need one person underneath the truck holding a wrench while the other is under the seat with a wrench. Plug in the air line and your off.