User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Duno the brand of tires you bought but, unless you drive thru junk yards to get a hole in the sidewall, they are junk !! In 42 years of driving I have never had a tire fail from a hole in the sidewall. Tread yes, sidewall No.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Duno the brand of tires you bought but, unless you drive thru junk yards to get a hole in the sidewall, they are junk !! In 42 years of driving I have never had a tire fail from a hole in the sidewall. Tread yes, sidewall No.
well i did get one & it was not the first. I dont drive in any junk yards, but thru & around steel mills. wich sometimes resemble junk yards. I believe there are a lot of drivers on here who would fall under the catagory of not buying good tires, such as double coin & steelmark. I guess I'M one who who dont really feel more secure because i spent more money on my tires. unless of course i have bad experience with them or they have a reputation of not holding up. the tire i fixed was a kelly & since i could of bought a more expensive tire than the kelly.. than maybe the kelly is junk. or least the one i bought. but after getting the hole in the tire i was glad it was in the one that was least expensive, cause you know how the tire co's will tell you it's not the tire. it's inproper inflation or driver error. e.t.c.