User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
I think the shop I'm at is $90.00/ hour.
This brings up an issue that puzzles me, and this is not a personal slam, but rather a question for the industry in general.

Why is everyone so eager to run cheap, when all the expenses you all are paying to operate your business keep going up?

Am I missing something here?

It doesn't make good business sense to pay a shop a higher hourly rate to fix a truck than what you get for running it.

No, I'm not saying the shop should work cheaper, I'm saying that you guys should get your sh*t together and stop cutting each other's throat just so you can "keep the wheels turning".

If you can't make money on every load, then you're working for the truck, the truck is not working for you. :!:
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsnTools
It's in the shop, now. The tech said they'll have to pull the transmission and TAKE PICTURES OF IT!! Is it just me, or does that sound almost morbid??
Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone??
From what you explained happened and the noise it made and the Ch(stands for clutch---I'd say you dropped the clutch/ burnt it out.

TAKE PICTURES OF IT--is code for "we're not going to cover this under warrenty" also---possible evidence of "driver abuse" which they will show your company----or it could be as simple as "we've never seen anything like this before" lets document and see if the manufacture has seen this happen before.

good luck
Old 12-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Board Regular

I got him (my truck) back, today!!!
Headborg, I think you're right...I asked what had happened, and the tech told me that it was a "clutch fork" that had broken. It's been replaced, now, but nothing else has been said.
I think the warranty must have covered it, because there was no price listed as needing to be paid.
I'm just glad to have him back. The loaner I was assigned was a dorkdot!
Thanks, all, for lookin' in on me. Medici and I are on the road again!!!
Jewels
Old 03-22-2015, 04:24 AM
Rookie

I have an 05 century. My truck shifts with a stutter at first. Then it begins to shift but cant find the gear for about 5 seconds. It revs up and down looking for the gear. Very worried. Any ideas what it could be?