User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bouncing All Over The Road??

My Truck has developed a very nasty bouncing problem. I posted about a bouncing problem before, but this is different, very different.

Going up in speed it will do it from 43 to 50, and 55 to 69. Now going down it does not do it but from 50 to 40, but boy is it terrible!!!!

If you had a cup with water in it you would have an empty cup after this. Don't know why it is 10 times worse going down, than going up in speed???

It does not seem to be in the front end or the steering, but maybe in the back.

I went today and got equalizer bushings for it, and the guy told me that this would not stop the terrible bounce, but got them anyway because mine were wore out.

He checked my yokes and found one loose going to my 1st drive axle, and told me that one time they had a guy with a terrible bounce in it and found a loose yoke and got it fixed and bounce went away.

When I bought the Truck, I had new u-joints put in on this yoke that is loose, and the mechanic told me he took the last wedge out, and that it could not be tightned anymore.

What do you think this might be, and how to fix it????

1985 FLC, total spring ride.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Bouncing All Over The Road??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rick
My Truck has developed a very nasty bouncing problem. I posted about a bouncing problem before, but this is different, very different.

Going up in speed it will do it from 43 to 50, and 55 to 69. Now going down it does not do it but from 50 to 40, but boy is it terrible!!!!

If you had a cup with water in it you would have an empty cup after this. Don't know why it is 10 times worse going down, than going up in speed???

It does not seem to be in the front end or the steering, but maybe in the back.

I went today and got equalizer bushings for it, and the guy told me that this would not stop the terrible bounce, but got them anyway because mine were wore out.

He checked my yokes and found one loose going to my 1st drive axle, and told me that one time they had a guy with a terrible bounce in it and found a loose yoke and got it fixed and bounce went away.

When I bought the Truck, I had new u-joints put in on this yoke that is loose, and the mechanic told me he took the last wedge out, and that it could not be tightned anymore.

What do you think this might be, and how to fix it????

1985 FLC, total spring ride.

does the decel vibration change if the trans is in neutral as opposed to downshifitng?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Board Regular

Have not drove it since I posted this Bob, so don't know. I am taking it to the shop tommorow to get it checked out??? I know it went from a small frame whip bounce to a out of control one. Will let you know what they find out.