User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default looking for a job working on trucks

Hey guys:

I'm trying to find an <entry level> job working on trucks, starting out with PM's, oil changes, etc in the Northwest Indiana area. Right now, I work for Ryder fueling trucks, washing them, etc., so I have learned how to drive them (and what fun they are!).

I'm trying to find a part time job that could lead to full time if things go well. I really want to get some hands on experience. I would need someone to show me the ropes on how to do these things, as I've never haad any direct experience, but I'm willing to work hard and learn.

Also, there are no diesel tech schools in this area (Portage, IN), just near Indianapolis, a 2.5 hour drive away. With all the truckstops, trucking companies in this area, one would think that there would be a school in the area.

If there's anyone here who can give me a lead to follow, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Erick
630-664-4767
Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Start by calling your local truck dealerships. From there, try your local truck companies.

At least they could give you leads, who knows, they might be able to help you out.

Every dealership I've been to has been hiring. They're getting desperate.