View Poll Results: Have you had problems with your 780?
Yes 1 25.00%
No 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Volvo 780 Problems

As the list of problems I have had are long and never ending, including a blown turbo (yeah it finally kicked the bucket after having the truck for over a month). I was just wondering if anyone else has had any serious issues with the 780's?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

One of the brand spankin new VNs barn got for team runs to Fresno had the drivers side turn blinker just behind the door burn out with a whopping ~14k miles on the odo.

We have not be running them enough to have valid data for the mechanicals. Although its not like they have be that good to outperform our POS Sterlings.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Board Regular

It could definitely be worse My truck is ready to be put to pasture, it has 465k on it, and she is showing signs of a major overhaul both mechanically and electrically. On a good note, the ISX that she has runs like it was still brand new, I have yet to have any major problems aside from the turbo going TU on me.

I love the truck but, it sounds like a new truck is in my future (again). I started out with a 770, and got into this 780. More than likely I will end up in a Petercar (379 model). That will take a huge adjustment considering the turning radius on the 7x0 series is relatively sharp.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Board Regular

Knock on wood!! Mine's running like a charm. Enough said, I might jinx myself. LOL Drive safe everyone.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Senior Board Member

You can't attribute the turbo problem to the 780, it has nothing to do with the model or make, rather the engine under the hood.

Volvo has always had problems, I have almost a million miles on mine. A huge problem is the CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP interior. Many squeaks and rattles, you have to re-engineer some parts.

Other problems include tractor protection valve corrosion, coarse fuel filter boss corrosion, bunk and truck ride height going out of adjustment, batteries getting dirty, ABS wires going.

Many of this stuff has been fixed with newer model trucks, and other stuff can be fixed by the owner.

Every truck has it's problems. I talked to a guy last week who said his brand new 379 with 3000 miles was squeaking like crazy!