User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default So cold the computer went nuts

I live in Michigan and the temps have been crazy low. Big time blowing snow and a real biting wind. Did not set my opti idle on Friday thinking I would come in Sunday early and fire it up to be ready for Mon morning WRONG! I got to my truck and the low air buzzer was sounding. I got in the truck and tried to start it but the battery gage showed 11 volts yikes! How did that happen. Well I finally got it started after a charge but as soon as I tried to shut it off it just kept running. The dash warning lights came on as if I only turned on the key but did not start. Weird. Well the only way to get it to stop was to set the opti idle and let it shut off itself. Well it did and then I unhooked the ground wire off the battery for a minute or so and then rehooked it up. I went and shut the key off again and then was able to restart the truck no problem. I have never seen this happen before.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM

talk about cold had my truck plugged in since Friday when i left the shop and went in this morning at 4 am thinking ok i have 3 hours to get to my pickup witch is only 70 miles from me giving my self all sorts of time for fuel and maybe catch a nap. so i get to work and i went and hit the key and nothing.so damn cold out side this weekend (22 to 26 below) and it drained the battery's down to less than 8 volts. needless to say 3 hours later with a battery charger on the boost mode and a 06 Chevy duramax on the battery's she finally started. along with a few snoots of either she finally got rolling. didn't get out of the shop till 7 and damn it all that's when i was supposed to be at my pickup. called them and they said hey no problem no one has been here on time this morning, they all called and said they would be late.

hell we even had 4 trucks gel up over the weekend too. not a very fun weekend for the boss Man and sure as hell not a good start of the week for me. hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Senior Board Member

I've seen -53 with windchill, no problems here! I even shut it down at night.

One driver today told me how he shut it down a couple nights ago, and his COOLANT froze solid. I'm confident mine wont do that, it's good to -60 according to the test strips.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Senior Board Member

sh-t you all got me scared... now i'm not leaving the house til spring :shock: