Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Arrow Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/36975-arrow-trucking.html)

dewercs2 02-01-2009 12:04 AM

Arrow Trucking

Has anyone heard anything about them? I've been with them for about 6 months. Just looking for any info that others might have heard. I was doing pretty good until it slowed down.

Jumbo 02-01-2009 12:33 AM

I heard that they went out of business. Have you heard that also?

dewercs2 02-01-2009 12:41 AM

Umm, No we have not gone out of business... Like some outfits I think we are having some problems that need to be addressed.

ELGAUL 02-01-2009 01:17 AM

i pull a skateboard for a company down the road in okc, i have heard and seen first hand that arrow's credit line is not real good right now.bet you havn't seen a bunch of new truck's on the yard have you. i saw with my own eye's a new hire of yall's in a rental truck with no headache rack and all his tarp's and strap's and chain's on the passenger seat.prob don't see stack's of new trlr's waiting to be unloaded either.just an observation,but i would get out.

Creek Jackson 02-01-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 436655)
Has anyone heard anything about them? I've been with them for about 6 months. Just looking for any info that others might have heard. I was doing pretty good until it slowed down.

You might ask dewercs2, I think he works for them. He was just here a minute ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

married to the road 02-01-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELGAUL (Post 436663)
i pull a skateboard for a company down the road in okc, i have heard and seen first hand that arrow's credit line is not real good right now.bet you havn't seen a bunch of new truck's on the yard have you. i saw with my own eye's a new hire of yall's in a rental truck with no headache rack and all his tarp's and strap's and chain's on the passenger seat.prob don't see stack's of new trlr's waiting to be unloaded either.just an observation,but i would get out.

I left there in December after 2.5 years with them. When I started with them, they had an account with TA for repairs and a Bridgestone acount too for tires while on the road. And if we wanted to, we could go to TA or Petro for PMs so we could keep moving.
They stopped letting us get PMs done on the road (only could get them done at terminal, even if we sat there for 3-4 days in line to get it done), we lost the Bridgestone and TA accounts (The guys at TA would not look at truck until they had conformation from Arrow because Arrow "Did not pay their bills".), and we had to wait for hours for the "bank to put money on the comcheck so we could pay for the repair". One weekend my truck started registering low oil pressure and even cut off on me while going down the road, and I called breakdown and he said it was probably a bad sensor, but they were doing emergencies only, and my truck started back up, so they wouldn't mess with it.
And I was also on the James Hardy dedicated account for a while and we lost it.
I was getting better and more experienced and they were going down hill in my eyes, And they did not even make an effort to keep me happy anymore. I sure hope things are better for the other drivers left.

dewercs2 02-03-2009 04:33 AM

Thanks guys,
I'm still at Arrow and I hope that the slow down in freight is part of the downturn for the company. As of right now I have no plans to leave. My DM and others in the office are pretty good and I get home every weekend thanks to them.

Married... I've been caught up with the TA, tire and shop issues. I've had to wait for money to be placed on the card to pay for some work done. Im in a 05 FL with 439900 miles on it. I do need maintaince but just don't and cant afford to be in Tulsa, OK. I've been away from my region twice and felt that I was past over by the planers for there regional trucks. Seems like its really polictial for loads. I do like the company and have met the president. He seemed a decent enough guy when I met him. I can only assume that the people under him have him insulated from what is going on in the day to day operation of the company.

Hopefully the loads start coming now that January has past us.

With my rollover it was hard enough to find a job last July. I can only imagine how hard it would be to jump ship now at this time in the economy.

LightsChromeHorsepower 02-03-2009 04:32 PM

dewercs-

Moving it over here to keep from hijacking dd's thread.

I'm with a small (15 truck) company in Nor Cal. It's hella slow. Last week I got about 1100 miles, still sitting this week. I can see that if the freight was here I could do 900-1000 per week & have a fairly decent lifestyle. One week last month I grossed $900 & only slept in the truck 2 nights. But the freight just aint here right now. I will stay here because-

1. The yard is about a mile from my house

2. The people treat me super well- small town- we've all been around & at least known of each other for 20-30 years. One of our senior drivers dated my oldest sister in high school, the dispatcher knew my Dad when he hauled for the company she used to work for etc.

3. Pretty nice equipment All 379 Exh w/ C-15 or 3406e motors except for my standard hood w/ a C12. I could "move up" to a large car, but I like my 29K tare.

I tried talking to Arrow last summer when my last job ended & they just had no follow up with me. I got the impression that they were not impressed with my experience. Please keep us posted- I love flatbeding & there just aren't many options left out here.

Curtain vans are a mixed blessing. I hate it on no-tarp lumber loads, but in the snow, or when the Santa Ana winds are blowing.......... I also hate dealing with warehouses, loading docks & everything associated with van loads.

There is no perfect job.

Right now, any job is a good job.

BIG JEEP on 44's 02-03-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 437079)
dewercs-

Moving it over here to keep from hijacking dd's thread.

I'm with a small (15 truck) company in Nor Cal. It's hella slow. Last week I got about 1100 miles, still sitting this week. I can see that if the freight was here I could do 900-1000 per week & have a fairly decent lifestyle. One week last month I grossed $900 & only slept in the truck 2 nights. But the freight just aint here right now. I will stay here because-

1. The yard is about a mile from my house

2. The people treat me super well- small town- we've all been around & at least known of each other for 20-30 years. One of our senior drivers dated my oldest sister in high school, the dispatcher knew my Dad when he hauled for the company she used to work for etc.

3. Pretty nice equipment All 379 Exh w/ C-15 or 3406e motors except for my standard hood w/ a C12. I could "move up" to a large car, but I like my 29K tare.

I tried talking to Arrow last summer when my last job ended & they just had no follow up with me. I got the impression that they were not impressed with my experience. Please keep us posted- I love flatbeding & there just aren't many options left out here.

Curtain vans are a mixed blessing. I hate it on no-tarp lumber loads, but in the snow, or when the Santa Ana winds are blowing.......... I also hate dealing with warehouses, loading docks & everything associated with van loads.

There is no perfect job.

Right now, any job is a good job.

Keep making that money ,and you will not have a house to worry about being close to the employers yard.

INKTOXICATED 02-03-2009 10:54 PM

i saw a arrow truck recently picking up a load at our yard in nj. gaf roofing. even with things being slow i see tmc and some mavericks droppin or pickin

Jarhed1964 02-04-2009 11:07 AM

Stay there until you get something solid from another flatbed company, but I would NOT recommend even considering Arrow for a long term career. I guess I was used to modern equipment and actual freight but didnt get it and left in May of last year. Been steering folks clear of them since.

married to the road 02-04-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 437040)
Thanks guys,
I'm still at Arrow and I hope that the slow down in freight is part of the downturn for the company. As of right now I have no plans to leave. My DM and others in the office are pretty good and I get home every weekend thanks to them.

Married... I've been caught up with the TA, tire and shop issues. I've had to wait for money to be placed on the card to pay for some work done. Im in a 05 FL with 439900 miles on it. I do need maintaince but just don't and cant afford to be in Tulsa, OK. I've been away from my region twice and felt that I was past over by the planers for there regional trucks. Seems like its really polictial for loads. I do like the company and have met the president. He seemed a decent enough guy when I met him. I can only assume that the people under him have him insulated from what is going on in the day to day operation of the company.

Hopefully the loads start coming now that January has past us.

With my rollover it was hard enough to find a job last July. I can only imagine how hard it would be to jump ship now at this time in the economy.

Are you still having to wait for money to be put on the card to get repairs since Arrow switched from Comdata to TCH? I figured that was one of the things they were doing to fix that problem, but wasn't sure if it helped.
And they hired you with a roll over? They have all those posters up saying no tolerance for roll overs. I would agree then, at least be sure to have another job lined up before leaving.
They sent out a message saying they would replace the entire fleet in the next five years last year, and heard there were going to order some International Pro Stars in '09. Hope that happens and the guys in FL's will probably get them first.
And I hear you about the politics, they have told me that they don't have any long loads or something before, and I might do my DM a favor or something and all of the sudden they can pull loads out of thier ***** that they were just telling you didn't exist a week before. They don't mind lying to you if it helps them out. But it's probably like that at a lot of companies.
Hope things go well with you there any ways and keep us posted how things are going from time to time.

jd112488 02-04-2009 02:52 PM

aren't you asking about arrow about 6 months too late?

robertt 02-05-2009 01:16 AM

I heard on our local radio station here in OKC this morning that Arrow was laying off 36 clerical and administrative people, so there must be something to them having problems.

thbogle 02-05-2009 02:04 AM

This info is on arrow's brokerage. Same company just the brokerage division. They have apparently opened up a new MC# With the same address to get a new brokerage name. All you owner operaters beware of them. Drivers beware if the brokerage is this bad then the company cant be much better. Unless they are using the brokerage to fund the company and not paying their bills.

04/25/2008 ARROW TRUCKING CO
MC#005623 -- Bond cancelled. Over $21K in non-payment complaints.

05/30/2008 ARROW TRUCKING CO
MC#005623 -- Bond cancelled. $16K in non-payment complaints. Click on link for full credit report.

from ITS Alert:

04/10/2008 ARROW TRUCKING CO MC#005623 -- BOND CANCELLED.$49K in non-payment complaints.

Motor Carrier Details
US DOT: 34180 Docket Number: MC005623
Legal Name: ARROW TRUCKING CO.
Doing-Business-As Name:
Business Address Business
Telephone and Fax Mail Address Mail
Telephone and Fax Undeliverable
Mail
4230 SOUTH ELWOOD
TULSA OK 74107 (918) 446-1441 P O BOX 3570
TULSA OK 74101 NO
Authority Type Authority Status Application Pending
Common ACTIVE NO
Contract ACTIVE NO
Broker INACTIVE NO
Property Passenger Household Goods Private Enterprise
YES NO NO NO NO
Insurance Type Insurance Required Insurance on File
BIPD $1,000,000 $1,000,000
Cargo YES YES
Bond YES NO

Motor Carrier Details
US DOT: N/A Docket Number: MC651125
Legal Name: ARROW TRANSPORTATION LOGISTICS, INC.
Doing-Business-As Name:
Business Address Business
Telephone and Fax Mail Address Mail
Telephone and Fax Undeliverable
Mail
4230 SOUTH ELWOOD AVE
TULSA OK 74107 (918) 446-1441 P.O. BOX 3570
TULSA OK 74101 NO
Authority Type Authority Status Application Pending
Common NONE NO
Contract NONE NO
Broker ACTIVE NO
Property Passenger Household Goods Private Enterprise
YES NO NO NO NO
Insurance Type Insurance Required Insurance on File
BIPD $0 $0
Cargo NO NO
Bond YES YES

LightsChromeHorsepower 02-06-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 437081)
Keep making that money ,and you will not have a house to worry about being close to the employers yard.

Well, I'll tell you the truth-

I'm making more $$ here, even with things slow, than I was at my restaurant job.

And I don't have to clean kiddy vomit off the Playland equipment any more.

My house is really cheap- I'm renting from a buddy- he says if I put a hundred bucks on the books for him every month & cover the space rent we're cool. I think it could be pretty permanent- He won't be able to live here when he gets out, it's too close to a school.

My PO used to drive truck & he says if I hang here for another year he will try to help me get cleared to go out of state for work and he says he can help hook me up with one of the top-line OTR companies like Werner or England. He's even getting me set up with a place that will help me get the tattoos taken off my neck & face which should help me find a better job.

I got my plan & I'm sticking to it.

dewercs2 02-06-2009 04:28 AM

Thanks Intox,
I pick up out here in lovely Compton, CA at the Gaf plant here at times.

dewercs2 02-06-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarhed1964 (Post 437179)
Stay there until you get something solid from another flatbed company, but I would NOT recommend even considering Arrow for a long term career. I guess I was used to modern equipment and actual freight but didnt get it and left in May of last year. Been steering folks clear of them since.

Not going anywhere

dewercs2 02-06-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by married to the road (Post 437187)
Are you still having to wait for money to be put on the card to get repairs since Arrow switched from Comdata to TCH? I figured that was one of the things they were doing to fix that problem, but wasn't sure if it helped.
And they hired you with a roll over? They have all those posters up saying no tolerance for roll overs. I would agree then, at least be sure to have another job lined up before leaving.
They sent out a message saying they would replace the entire fleet in the next five years last year, and heard there were going to order some International Pro Stars in '09. Hope that happens and the guys in FL's will probably get them first.
And I hear you about the politics, they have told me that they don't have any long loads or something before, and I might do my DM a favor or something and all of the sudden they can pull loads out of thier ***** that they were just telling you didn't exist a week before. They don't mind lying to you if it helps them out. But it's probably like that at a lot of companies.
Hope things go well with you there any ways and keep us posted how things are going from time to time.

Hi married,

Yea Arrow hired me with a NON Preventable roll over. The pix's and subject was covered over on DD's thread in nov or dec of last year.

dewercs2 02-06-2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd112488 (Post 437194)
aren't you asking about arrow about 6 months too late?

I thought Arrow was doing good until the change in economy. I think they do have some problems maybe worse then others and better then some. I'm going to stick with them since I do have that slight problem of a rollover. Nobody would touch me.

Besides, I'm now regional, was making decent money till a little while ago, home on weekends and maybe one nite a week.
I'm home tonight after making a delivery and will head out hopefully in the AM.

dewercs2 02-06-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertt (Post 437273)
I heard on our local radio station here in OKC this morning that Arrow was laying off 36 clerical and administrative people, so there must be something to them having problems.

hmmm, well looks like they are trimming down in some areas. But then so are many companies. I came from Home Depot and after almost 24 yrs in retail total. You all saw the news about the Expo division closing but they are also trimming in clearical, training and other areas.

Tell you what though. They should staff the breakdown phone lines so I don't have to spend 1.5hrs on hold waiting for someone to pickup to get numbers to pay for a tire on the side of the road.

Everyone is having a hard time, come on springtime! lets get the freight moving...

married to the road 02-07-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 437425)
hmmm, well looks like they are trimming down in some areas. But then so are many companies. I came from Home Depot and after almost 24 yrs in retail total. You all saw the news about the Expo division closing but they are also trimming in clearical, training and other areas.

Tell you what though. They should staff the breakdown phone lines so I don't have to spend 1.5hrs on hold waiting for someone to pickup to get numbers to pay for a tire on the side of the road.

Everyone is having a hard time, come on springtime! lets get the freight moving...

How can they be timming down the training department when they are replacing 10% of their fleet every month? But I totally agree about the guys in breakdown, I would have to wait around forever for them to answer and then sometimes they wouldn't help me or would have to wait for them to put money on their comdata account. It was total bs.
I wouldn't think that a non preventable accident would hurt you that bad, even as extreme as a rollover is. But there are probalbly worse places to work, just they are not the type of place that you retire from. Good luck!

jvnd1953 02-07-2009 10:10 PM

Hey Dewercs2, thanks for starting this string. Keep from hijacking DD. I guess you saw the message that maintenance is down to 1 shift. I hope I don't have to go in. Never get out. I was called in to safety the other day and thought it was about me knocking down that stop light but it was a COV check. They looked everything over and said I was good to go. I figured don't ask, don't tell huh? Also just had to take my physical again which I passed. I have to take one every year because of blood pressure meds. Sucks getting old. I'll call you when I get back on the road this week. Watched another Arrow driver go into a ditch the other day. Tried to warn him but he didn't have a CB. We were loading hay with a Melton truck first and then him. I offered to help him secure since it would help me beat a pending rainstorm and he declined. Steel trailer, portable winches, etc. Well after putting the rear tarp on wrong and having to turn it around after unfoldimg it he finally was ready to pull out onto the paved county road and finish with the bungees. As he turned right he didn't watch his trailer offtrack and I saw what was about to happen and tried to stop him but too late. The trailer slid into the ditch and the load started to layover. As it teetered I told him to get out and stand clear because if the load went over it would take out a wood power pole and probably set the load on fire which with the prevailing wind would also set the barn load of hay on fire. When I left he was still waiting for tow trucks to get him out. It also started to rain right then. Let's hope things get better.

dewercs2 02-07-2009 11:11 PM

JVND,

I haven't been to Tulsa since I left orientation... knock on wood. I haven't had a PM since I was assigned the truck in July. I know the truck was due for one in august but they wouldn't let the AZ terminal do it.

DD is pretty cool about the hijacking but I figured this would make it easier to find if the topic was just about Arrow.

I've noticed alot of the Arrow drivers don't have radios or atleast they don't have them on. I like to say hi and ask where they are headed especially if they are in bound to Cali.

Sounds like the driver was new to FB since he doesn't know how to put on a tarp. I assume he didn't roll since the QC came out saying how many days without a rollover, which is pretty cool. I checked the SafeStat System to see where Arrow is ranked. 93 = inspect. I've been a magnate for inspections and I've past them all. I have a level 1 inspection and later that day or the next morning I've been pulled in again. I kid the guys and show them my inspection paper and they laugh and say they can't check me then. I've heard through another driver that when he was pulled in he was told DOT has to check Arrow since they are aware about the issues with the company. Just make sure all your stuff is good to go.
Off to Vegas sunday morning for monday delivery.

Jumbo 02-08-2009 01:10 AM

It's Febuary and your truck hasn't had a p.m. since July? WOW

devildice 02-08-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 437424)
I thought Arrow was doing good until the change in economy. I think they do have some problems maybe worse then others and better then some. I'm going to stick with them since I do have that slight problem of a rollover. Nobody would touch me.

Besides, I'm now regional, was making decent money till a little while ago, home on weekends and maybe one nite a week.
I'm home tonight after making a delivery and will head out hopefully in the AM.

Well it definitely sounds like Arrow is having some financial difficulties. I hope everything works out for you there or where ever you go. As some have stated already, it would not be wise to jump ship until you have something else lined up. By the sounds of it, I personally would be looking for something real quick like. Good luck bro.

jvnd1953 02-08-2009 07:15 PM

A PM at Arrow when they had 2 shifts working 7 days a week took about a couple of hours if nothing was wrong. If they found some repairs or if you complained about something the average stay was 4-5 days. Now they have 1 shift 6 days a week. My 05 FL has 610,000 on it. Luckily I have nothing major. I was known as the "king of breakdown" earlier when I started a year ago. Fingers crossed. Do they consider knocking over a stop light as serious as a non-preventive rollover? I wouldn't think you would have a problem dewercs2 knowing the circumstances. These companies insurance company sets the hiring standards now I guess.

INKTOXICATED 02-08-2009 09:24 PM

Most of these pms are worthless mechanics walking aroind the truck and putting a little lube on the 5th wheel. I got my truck back from pm and it had a headlight out. Good pm. And i guess fixing a 12 inch crack in the windsheild isnt important anymore either

jvnd1953 02-09-2009 02:17 AM

When I was in last time I had a cracked windshield on one side and they replaced both sides. Go figure. The trainer I had with Arrow called me last week. He had picked up a trailer out of Tulsa that supposedly had been inspected. The sticker indicating when it was due for annual check was expired in 10/08. The Texas DOT almost wrote him up but didn't because of some unreasonable delay in holding the driver. With Arrow, check that sticker because they evidently aren't. I was given a level 3 inspection in Oregon just because I was with Arrow. The inspector said "we can usually get you Arrow guys on something". Not this time though. I hope we can keep this string going with factual info from other Arrow drivers either current or recent.

jvnd1953 02-10-2009 05:09 PM

Should never have talked about breakdown. Monday started truck and can't build air pressure. Arrow wanted to tow it to a dealer but I said the tow truck would have to drive on my neighbors lawn to line up behind my truck since it was in my driveway. It would then take my front fence out trying to turn out. They sent a repair truck and it was a valve in the dryer. Easy fix. Showed me how to fix it next time because Arrow didn't want to pay to have the dryer rebuilt. Too late for dispatch. Tuesday morning I go to start truck and batteries are low, won't start. So I have battery charger on it and here I sit. I guess if you're going to break down, your driveway ain't the worst spot.

dewercs2 02-11-2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvnd1953 (Post 438122)
Should never have talked about breakdown. Monday started truck and can't build air pressure. Arrow wanted to tow it to a dealer but I said the tow truck would have to drive on my neighbors lawn to line up behind my truck since it was in my driveway. It would then take my front fence out trying to turn out. They sent a repair truck and it was a valve in the dryer. Easy fix. Showed me how to fix it next time because Arrow didn't want to pay to have the dryer rebuilt. Too late for dispatch. Tuesday morning I go to start truck and batteries are low, won't start. So I have battery charger on it and here I sit. I guess if you're going to break down, your driveway ain't the worst spot.

I hear you about the breakdown.... I've had to jump my truck with my pickup twice and on the third time I couldn't do it so a repair truck was sent out to me where I park the truck on home time.

My air dryer has been bypassed since I made the mistake and took that load to northeast texas area about 5 months ago.

Well after waking up at state line of NV and CA monday morning I made my drop in Vegas and ran to N. Vegas. I loaded drywall, tarped and then ran to Phx. This morning I delivered and loaded this afternoon and came home to Ca. I have a 10am appointment at a Home Depot about 25 miles from the house. Figure tommorrow I will load in LA somewhere and back to Phx. So far I've been moving pretty good this week. knock on wood.....

dewercs2 02-11-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 437644)
It's Febuary and your truck hasn't had a p.m. since July? WOW

Yea...... Shush... Don't let anyone know.....

I'm hoping to prolong what I know will happen. Just as long as It can be done after the winter has gone.... And before the tornados start.....

Give me an earthquake any day.... I saw twister.

dewercs2 02-11-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice (Post 437726)
Well it definitely sounds like Arrow is having some financial difficulties. I hope everything works out for you there or where ever you go. As some have stated already, it would not be wise to jump ship until you have something else lined up. By the sounds of it, I personally would be looking for something real quick like. Good luck bro.

I've been talking to different arrow drivers and there is one who is looking at tankers. He told me that he spoke to the safety guy about my situation (rollover) and the safety guy said it didn't sound like a big deal.

Only catch..... 10 days learning the tanker side of training and then I would have to do lease purchase........

devildice 02-11-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 438202)
I've been talking to different arrow drivers and there is one who is looking at tankers. He told me that he spoke to the safety guy about my situation (rollover) and the safety guy said it didn't sound like a big deal.

Only catch..... 10 days learning the tanker side of training and then I would have to do lease purchase........

run away from that......

Orangetxguy 02-12-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 438202)

What tanker company is it you are hearing about?

Bulk Transport? One of the others?

dewercs2 02-14-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 438317)
What tanker company is it you are hearing about?

Bulk Transport? One of the others?

Hi Oranetxguy.

I think he said CTL or California Tank Lines

dewercs2 02-14-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice (Post 438223)
run away from that......

Yea, Don't think I want to get mixed into something like that right now. Have thought about going out and buying a truck/trailer but the boss informed me that she would kill me at that point.

mike3fan 02-14-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 438575)
Yea, Don't think I want to get mixed into something like that right now. Have thought about going out and buying a truck/trailer but the boss informed me that she would kill me at that point.

that's why she's the boss

jvnd1953 02-14-2009 03:34 AM

Tankers huh? Well I went Wednesday to Boeing in Long Beach and picked up 5 containers holding engine covers for the C-17 Globemaster. Supposed to deliver Friday in Dallas (1400 miles). Had to be inspected by Boeing for bombs and when they finished, my truck wouldn't start. Batteries were fine. Called breakdown and while waiting tried it again and it started. Has been fine ever since. I couldn't get to Dallas until 1600 on Friday and the receiver closes at 1400. Delivery was rescheduled for Sat. at 0800. Got an atta boy from my DM for my time anyway. My paycheck was a whole $80. This was for 1 day last week. It was a run from Phoenix to Palm Springs. Arrow pays miles first and if regional pays more we get the difference on the next check. They pay whatever pays the most. The mechanic they sent to my house on Monday to repair my truck called me on Thursday and said Arrow hasn't paid the bill yet. In fact, they hung up on him a couple of times. Hope I don't need this repair company again. I'll deliver Sat morn and then sit all weekend but I know they don't dispatch on Saturday so I should get 1 day of layover $50.

dewercs2 02-15-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvnd1953 (Post 438597)
Tankers huh? Well I went Wednesday to Boeing in Long Beach and picked up 5 containers holding engine covers for the C-17 Globemaster. Supposed to deliver Friday in Dallas (1400 miles). Had to be inspected by Boeing for bombs and when they finished, my truck wouldn't start. Batteries were fine. Called breakdown and while waiting tried it again and it started. Has been fine ever since. I couldn't get to Dallas until 1600 on Friday and the receiver closes at 1400. Delivery was rescheduled for Sat. at 0800. Got an atta boy from my DM for my time anyway. My paycheck was a whole $80. This was for 1 day last week. It was a run from Phoenix to Palm Springs. Arrow pays miles first and if regional pays more we get the difference on the next check. They pay whatever pays the most. The mechanic they sent to my house on Monday to repair my truck called me on Thursday and said Arrow hasn't paid the bill yet. In fact, they hung up on him a couple of times. Hope I don't need this repair company again. I'll deliver Sat morn and then sit all weekend but I know they don't dispatch on Saturday so I should get 1 day of layover $50.

Tankers was what I wanted to end up driving after I did some time on a flatbed. It was either that or move up into a more specialized side of flatbed/steps/OS. But with that rollover it stopped everything. I wonder how long it will be before I can get back onto my plan...

I'm running the 10 all the time between CA/AZ so if you see a Arrow truck jump on the radio it might be me.

When you stop at a customer do you leave anything on? 4ways? With the way my batteries are I shut everything off about halfway through the loading/offloading I kick on the motor. This way I'm building air pressure and I know my truck is charging.

I was loading with a 4yr line haul guy friday and he told me that I must have a dead short. He seem to know more about the trucks then I do so I asked a few questions and just listened. He told me that when he finds a good deal for oil changes he stops, pays for it and then submits the receipt with his load. He does this for anything that might run around $200 or less. I was surprised when he said he wasn't lease purchase but just a company driver.

I don't know if I'd be willing to take that risk right now. I do understand about paying for your tractor to keep you moving but for a company rig and 200 bucks... I don't know... I understand to run it like it's my own.... but.... will I be repaid???

Well I gotta get, Heading to Phx tonight with a load, dropping trailer and heading back to CA in the morning. maybe I can make the turn and start heading back to phx monday night.